Author Topic: Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 130260 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Radisson - 2013 / March
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 09:15 »
The spycam on the east side of the Hotel has gone off-line so Eye-Spy has agreed to take a look at it sometime in the next little while.  We will also need to clean the dome on the skycam (west side) as there is a build up of rain/weather marks, however, that will probably have to wait until its a little warmer.  Doesn't interfere with operations or viewing, just not the clear image we will want when the birds are back and getting comfy.  The ledge cam and the inside-box cam are both fine and running.  The outside-box cam is also running but at the moment all you can see is snow - the nest box is more than a little full of snow still!

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2013 / January to February
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 14:31 »
I went for a walk about aroun d 10:30 this morning. I looked in all the usual places but didn't see and peregrines.
Strangely enough, I didn't see any crows, ravens or pigeons either. They might now something we don't.
Yes Dennis, I had my camera with me. :)

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:12 »
This morning there were ravens flying up & down my street with serious intent about something.  They were making a ton of noise and I was actually blessed by the sound.  Reminded me so much of summer and how annoying they are when they scare off all the smaller birds.  But today, on another cold wintry morning I loved it!

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 18:15 »
Yesterday, my husband and I were driving when I spotted two birds circling above, landing on, then circling some more above the B&B. As we drove closer I had my eyes glued to the area. Finally, we were close enough and (deep sigh) it was ravens. Oh well, I knew it was too early for peregrines. Keeping my eyes on the skies ;D

Oops, this should be posted on the West Winnipeg site.
There have been a lot of ravens hanging around there for the past few weeks. They caught my eye too!

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 13:03 »
Yesterday, my husband and I were driving when I spotted two birds circling above, landing on, then circling some more above the B&B. As we drove closer I had my eyes glued to the area. Finally, we were close enough and (deep sigh) it was ravens. Oh well, I knew it was too early for peregrines. Keeping my eyes on the skies ;D

Oops, this should be posted on the West Winnipeg site.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 13:05 by dupre501 »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 20:07 »
Thanks, gcg.
I assumed I had an old link or thought I hadn't seen something obvious.
Math skills are invaluable!

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 05:31 »
As of today, following TPC's timer, 51 days.

I can't find the timer.
I've clicked on the Project Website, but don't see a timer there.
Where should I look?
Sorry bcbird, on January 12th, TPC posted that the timer is in the works and the count was 77 days. I made the post about 51 days from her post on Jan. 12th to Feb 7th. I'm am sure the timer will be up soon. With her very heavy schedule, we can do the math until the timer is up and running.  :-[ Again, sorry for the confusion. gcg

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:13 »
As of today, following TPC's timer, 51 days.

I can't find the timer.
I've clicked on the Project Website, but don't see a timer there.
Where should I look?

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48 »
 :P  Kraft Dinner, pulled pigeon, a banquet awaits. As of today, following TPC's timer, 51 days.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 20:14 »
I was downtown today. Checked out the nest box, nest ledge, Hdyro sign, Rogers  sign, Richardson building, Kensington bldg, Post office etc. etc.
No sign of any peregrines - but lots of pigeons.
Beware grey birds, they will be back soon. And you will be kraft dinner.