Author Topic: Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 130129 times)

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - 2013 / April
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2013, 17:47 »
Who ever it is is at the nest box right now.
I don't have a camera but it has a nice white breast.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2013, 14:42 »
At 2:00 there was a bird on the east ledge. Most definitely not Ivy and I couldn't see well enough to say it was Princess.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2013, 12:33 »
It has been quiet all morning.  Have zipped around with the skycam to check out the Hydro sign and the Rogers sign when they were in the sun but no one there.  Now the sun is just south of the Hotel so we will have sun on the nestbox in a little while and lo and behold, there is a bird, female it looks like, on the Radisson sign.  I'm looking down on the bird right now and the sun is just starting to lighter him/her up.  Maybe they will cooperate and let me peak at his/her legbands this afternoon while the light is good.

And I can not see a crown of lighter coloured feathers so it doesn't look like Princess is home yet ...

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013, 10:04 »
Somebirdie sitting pretty as you please on the corner of the nest box @ 7:55 AM this morning.  Wish people would be patient with me when the light turns green and I am trying to see who is on the nest box.  ::)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2013, 17:50 »
Our black/red female bird turned up in the nestbox again but she was alone and she only stayed for a minute - not long enough for me to zoom in on her legband.  Not so much wind today so if she comes by before the sun gets too low I may get another chance at an ID ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2013, 13:44 »
All quiet at the nestbox this morning - not usual at the moment the sun has only just come around the building so the box is much more appealing as a destination now.  And there are only a few vestiges of snow/ice left in the box which is great, with the sun it will dry up in there nicely before we have to clean out last year's debris!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Radisson - 2013 / April
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03 »
Wow I hope not! If Princess does show up, she won't be too pleased about all this interest in 'her' digs! Fingers crossed all goes well !!  8)

Offline The Friesens

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Radisson - 2013 / April
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2013, 08:47 »
well well well, who is hooking up with who, and where will be there locations for the next few months? This should be an interesting year like all the others. I am sure hoping no blood shed for any of them over territory.

Offline wpgfan

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
Radisson - 2013 / April
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2013, 08:40 »
anticipation on who is at the Radisson. I can hardly wait to find out.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2013 / March
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2013, 22:15 »
Well, you know some of those lady peregrines aren't to keen on showing off their legs .........at least the ones that we want to see.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 23:11 by RCF »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2013, 21:39 »
Well, you just never know!!  ;D

And you could be right RCF - looking back at the recording, the light was shining from the wrong angle and there is a bit of spotting on the environmental cover from the winter, but the bottom letter looks to be the bottom letter on both Alice's and Joli's bands - the top number I think is more in keeping with Joli's based on the shape (it was blurry and too lit up by the sun) - Alice's top number is rounded and I think I saw sharp edges which would be more in keeping with Joli's.  Which begs the question, who was she with?  Looked like a black band on the right leg - that would be Ivy or could be Cowboy or could be another Manitoba male ...

... tomorrow is another day to find out though!!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2013, 19:19 »
Well, you just never know!!  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2013, 19:17 »
Maybe it's Alice.  ??? ;)

The right band colour but Alice is a big bird even for a female peregrine and this bird didn't seem big enough.  But until I get a glimpse at that darn band, who knows ....

Bird came back and it is definitely a black over red band on its left leg, so a US bird.  Bird sat on the edge of the nestbox like she owned it for 20 minutes while being buffeted by the wind (it's pretty strong - it's shaking the skycam some).  Sun is starting to go down which usually means the birds won't be back again this evening, but I'll keep hoping ....

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 19:13 »
Maybe it's Alice.  ??? ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 18:58 »
Yes, we do have another bird in the nestbox, possibly both a new male and a new female - one of which (the female I think) with a black over red band.  So, could be Jolicoeur flirting with Ivy or perhaps it is Cowboy and Joli checking out the Radisson.

Ah, spring ...  ::)