Author Topic: Radisson - 2013 / Ivy & Princess  (Read 130140 times)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2013 / April
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2013, 17:52 »
Oh Boy  :-\ - Well maybe it's time for a new generation to carry on  - Hopefully Princess has retired happily and doesn't show up then, we don't want any drama going on.... :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2013, 17:49 »
Given the amount of copulating going on yesterday and how close (in peregrine terms) Ivy and "Joli" were sitting today, they would both be happy if Princess didn't return ...

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2013, 17:18 »
LOL.......Come on Princess, if you're coming, hurry up & get here before Ivy chooses a new beau!  ;)

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2013, 16:58 »
1543h CDT

Confirmation, the male at the Radisson is definitely Ivy ... our little flirt ...  ;)

Ivy, when Princess comes home, you're gonna have some "s'plainin" to do.  ::)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2013, 15:40 »
1543h CDT

Confirmation, the male at the Radisson is definitely Ivy ... our little flirt ...  ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2013, 12:33 »
1230h CDT

both birds are parked on the Radisson sign under the nestbox - one at each end ... looks like the female at the south end, male at the north ... sun is just coming around to the west side of the hotel ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2013, 10:01 »
Just before 7am the male came to visit the nestbox briefly and alone, now (10am) the female is perched on the box edge alone but her head's on a swivel - waiting for "him" or waiting for food?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2013, 00:00 »
Historically, what is the latest spring date that Princess has returned to Winnipeg, TPC?

Hmmm, I'll have to do some checking for the actual dateas but she usually returns pretty promptly in the spring.  She used to arrive either with or before Trey but if I remember correctly, Ivy has been coming in ahead of her.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2013, 19:17 »
Historically, what is the latest spring date that Princess has returned to Winnipeg, TPC?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 16:58 »
Lots and lots of canoodling today on the Rogers sign .... don't know if that is a sign of things to come but maybe ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 15:15 »
1514h

Not sure where she is at the moment but both the male (who I'm pretty sure is Ivy) was just in the box and she was in a little while ago - will check the recorder and slow down the video and see what we've got on for band numbers.  At normal speed the image is just being shaken too much to even guess about the band number but we will keep working at it.

He's back on the north side sign of the Rogers Building ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2013, 12:37 »
Looks like the north side Rogers sign is going to be the favourite roosting spot today given our south wind - both bird are sitting pretty and preening at the moment ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2013, 12:35 »
1229h CDT

The Rogers sign (north side) has now become the Rendez-Vous Sign!  Female is on the last S, male is on the circle logo at the other end.  Just a minute ago there was some very adept aerial canoodling on the "S" given that according to both the Forks and the U of Wpg's weather stations the winds downtown are 46km/h with gusts to 60+km/h.

Last night Ivy (and a second blurry look at his band still makes me think its him) was starting to make scrapes in the nestbox, so unless Princess gets back in the next few days, we may have a new pair at the Radisson ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2013, 11:15 »
0835h CDT

Male popped into the box, turned around looking for someone (anyone?) then popped up onto the box edge and sat there for a minute before literally getting blown off the box edge.  The camera is shaking like its filming an earthquake with the south winds we have right now so not sure how a video clip will turn out but if its half-way decent, I'll post it on YouTube later today - it's a cool sideways flying exit from the box.

That has been the only visitation so far (it's just after 11am now) but perhaps if the sun will come out and the wind will drop or even if just the wind drops, we might get a visit this afternoon - they really do like the box when it is in the sun in these cooler temperatures.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2013, 20:42 »
At 2:00 there was a bird on the east ledge. Most definitely not Ivy and I couldn't see well enough to say it was Princess.

That was the female with the black/red band - she's been the most frequent visitor in the box since she arrived on the 30th.  Yesterday she was the only one in/at the box but today she had a male with her - and I don't think it was Ivy, I think perhaps it was Cowboy - the facial pattern was different from Ivy but it did look like Cowboy I think.

Could be we might have a new pair at the Radisson ...