Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2013 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 91700 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
McKenzie Seeds - 2013 / September
« Reply #772 on: September 28, 2013, 14:44 »
1430h - finally managed to be checking the cam while someone was around.  Brooklyn perched on the edge of the nestbox watching over his territory.  Had a swivel around with the cam which he was very suspicious of.  No one else around that I could see.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #771 on: September 27, 2013, 19:46 »
I saw two chicks and both parents today. One chick who I think was Bogart chased Brooklyn off the Scotia sign, the other chick was on the south light and by size was most likely Spencer.  Hurricane was perched on the nest box preening.

Brooklyn

Spencer(?)checking out the hawk that was flying overhead

Hurricane
]

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 13:06 by RCF »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #770 on: September 26, 2013, 18:34 »
I could only see one birdie this morning on the Scotia building trying to stay out of the rain. I only saw Brooklyn and Spencer this afternoon.  Spencer was eating on the southwest corner of the McKenzie roof and did a lot of yelling after finishing his meal.  ::)  Brooklyn was perched on the north ledge of the Scotia building and I didn't see Hurricane today.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #769 on: September 25, 2013, 17:13 »
I saw three falcons very early this morning and after work I saw two chicks.  One on the south light of clock tower and the other one was on the north ledge of the Scotia building, no sign of Brooklyn and Hurricane this afternoon.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #768 on: September 24, 2013, 18:47 »
I saw three falcons here at 6:50 am.  One was on the east Scotia sign, the other two were on the south and west clock tower lights.  It's still fairly dark at this hour so I don't know who was where.  I could only see their silhouettes through my binoculars, so I guess one chick is still hanging around as of this morning.  I only saw Brooklyn and Hurricane after work and Brooklyn was perched on the nest box again today.  :)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 13:04 by RCF »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #767 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49 »
Always great to hear your updates, RCF.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #766 on: September 23, 2013, 17:05 »
I only saw Hurricane and Brooklyn today, no kids. Hurricane was on the south light of the clock tower and Brooklyn was perched on the east side edge of the nest box at 3:45 pm.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #765 on: September 20, 2013, 22:01 »
Wow! Wonderful to hear that you & Rose are still seeing Bogart & Spencer, RCF! :D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #764 on: September 20, 2013, 21:35 »
Bogart and Spencer are still hanging out at the McKenzie building. Bogart was more accommodating than Spencer picture wise. Hurricane showed up just before I left to go home.

Bogart

Spencer

Hurricane
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 13:04 by RCF »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #763 on: September 20, 2013, 16:01 »
so nice to know where your guys are :-*

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #762 on: September 18, 2013, 18:37 »
I saw one chick and Hurricane after work.

Since we know that Kelly is in Saskatchewan, this is Bogart or Spencer ... which of the chicks is the one with the kink in the end of the transmitter antennae RCF?

That would be Spencer, so this is probably Bogart and he was doing a lot of yelling. ::)  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #761 on: September 18, 2013, 18:32 »
I saw one chick and Hurricane after work.

Since we know that Kelly is in Saskatchewan, this is Bogart or Spencer ... which of the chicks is the one with the kink in the end of the transmitter antennae RCF?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #760 on: September 18, 2013, 18:21 »
Great to hear of the Brandon PF's, TPC & RCF! Maybe Spencer or Bogart will consider returning to Manitoba if they make it through the winter, since they seem to be homebodies!
Wishful thinking. :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #759 on: September 18, 2013, 18:15 »
6:50 am
This morning I saw four peregrines, one on the north ledge of the Scotia building and the other three were all perched on the south, east and west lights the clock tower.   8) :)  I saw one chick and Hurricane after work.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 16:54 by RCF »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #758 on: September 18, 2013, 15:32 »
Update on the chicks' travels .... they have been checking out all the places a peregrine would find tasty eats at this time of the year ...

Kelly is in southern Saskatchewan and looks like she hasn't been back to Brandon in at least 2 weeks.

Spencer has been exploring east, west and south of Brandon even down just over the border but he's coming home regularly.

Bogart is our homebody relatively speaking.  He's travelled not quite as far as Spencer and it looks like he's more interested in the area west of Brandon but he too has been coming home regularly.

* regularly doesn't necessarily mean back to McKenzie Seeds each night, just back to Brandon