Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 39917 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / Jan to March
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 15:58 »
Got a report on last year's Brandon chicks ... Spencer and Kelly are still in Mexico but not together, one is in the east, the other in the west.  Bogart is the chick that is presumed to have died before Christmas but there has been not official confirmation so all we really know is that his transmitter stopped working and that the pattern of the last signals is similar to that when a bird has died.  Maybe we will hear more later on, maybe we'll hear something when he reappears in Brandon in 20 years ...

Offline RaptorGal

• Past Member
  • Chick
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:56 »
Thank you Tracy!  You have done such a wonderful job with the peregrines!  When the peregrines go south for the winter, do they sort of line up future mates for each other for the upcoming breeding season?  or do they just spend solitary time hunting and sleeping, etc.?   :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 17:09 »
Just reading about this now!  Tracy, have you an update for us?  Hope all-birdies had a good flight south and will last through the winter.  But I guess, this really is just wishful thinking for somebirdies!   :)  

I haven't had any updates recently but have asked one and hopefully I will hear something soon.
As for the McKenzie Seeds chick, I haven't heard if anyone managed to check out it's last reported location but I have asked specifically about him/her.

Offline RaptorGal

• Past Member
  • Chick
McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / Brooklyn & Hurricane
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 16:02 »
Tracy, has there been a confirmation on the McKenzie falcon/chick?  :'(

I haven't heard anything since, but I think in this case that is not good news ... the plan was to see if someone local could check out the area where the transmitter signal was last recording ... will post if I hear anything ...

Just reading about this now!  Tracy, have you an update for us?  Hope all-birdies had a good flight south and will last through the winter.  But I guess, this really is just wishful thinking for somebirdies!   :)