Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 38065 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / July
« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2014, 16:39 »
That would explain it then!! Thanks TPC, but I won’t bother modifying now as you have already replied. Though now I’m curious - how long are options such as modify or delete actually available after each post?

Delete is never available to members - that's a moderator function only.  Modify I think is available for something like 15 or 30 minutes.  I don't have control over how long the modify function is available on a post.  As I recall, both of these functions are the way they are to ensure that the conversations on boards remain intact.

(FYI - I'll be moving these posts to the Forum board where they will be easier to find later)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2014, 14:47 »

That would explain it then!! Thanks TPC, but I won’t bother modifying now as you have already replied. Though now I’m curious - how long are options such as modify or delete actually available after each post?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2014, 14:26 »
Thanks TPC, but I actually wanted to modify my post (from july 9 at 20:38) since part was already answered by RCF, but I could not. The “modify” icon was definitely not there!

I’ve waited for a while and have checked a few of my posts under other headings (while logged on), but still the same. Please check into this as the modify icon has always been available before.

The modify button is only available for a limited amount of time after the original post is published.
Send me a pm and I can modify your post for you.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2014, 14:02 »

Thanks TPC, but I actually wanted to modify my post (from july 9 at 20:38) since part was already answered by RCF, but I could not. The “modify” icon was definitely not there!

I’ve waited for a while and have checked a few of my posts under other headings (while logged on), but still the same. Please check into this as the modify icon has always been available before.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2014, 13:18 »
Wondering if anyone else has been out to check this site. Are there any further updates you haven’t had a chance to share with us TPC?

Nope  :'(  RCF is our best source for updates   :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2014, 20:38 »

There is no mention of about how long you spent watching for the chicks or about how often you recently visited this site RCF, but hope to hear some good news soon!

Today you are in luck because I saw one chick on the north wall today.  He/she has that Mohawk look....a line of fluff on the top of it's head. It was just sitting up there watching the world go by with mom perched up above at the bottom of the clock tower.

Thank you so much for this good news RCF. It’s great to know you are in Brandon quite regularly, and take the time to check on them so often!

Now I’ll be looking forward to further good news. You’ve certainly cheered up my day...  and he/she sounds like a cutie! :D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2014, 19:48 »

There is no mention of about how long you spent watching for the chicks or about how often you recently visited this site RCF, but hope to hear some good news soon!

I work in Brandon and see the peregrines pretty much everyday. I check on them before and after I go to work. There is no real fledge watch here, never has been. We go and watch and if we are lucky we may see one fledge as we have in the past. We have never rescued a chick here and according to Tracy this site is one of the safest places for the chicks to fledge.

Today you are in luck because I saw one chick on the north wall today.  He/she has that Mohawk look....a line of fluff on the top of it's head. It was just sitting up there watching the world go by with mom perched up above at the bottom of the clock tower.  I can't predict when they will be on the wall but they are probably more active morning and evening when it's not too hot.  I do not see any other people here watching the peregrines and never have except for Birdlover and she moved away. So not to worry somebody is watching and checking on them.   ;)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2014, 18:45 »
Unfortunately we are left to speculate and sometimes worry about what is actually happening here - without a camera. Hopefully Westman may reconsider, or perhaps another internet provider will offer.

The forum banner says these chicks were 35 days old yesterday and expected to fledge any day, so I assume they should be on the roof ledge already. Perhaps these chicks have chosen to take their time?

Wondering if anyone else has been out to check this site. Are there any further updates you haven’t had a chance to share with us TPC?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 18:52 by burdi »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2014, 18:24 »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2014, 16:42 »
The youngest of Hurricane's & Brooklyn's chicks is 35 days old today.
Since we have 2 males here & 1 female (a common mix with this pair),
I suspect they will start to fledge any day now!

I haven't seen any chicks on the wall yet, have only seen the parents.

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2014, 18:36 »
Yes, Brandonites is the correct term.  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2014, 15:11 »
I'm sorry we don't have a cam there this year, we used to be able to check the river when we spun the camera around.  Westman is probably kicking itself for pulling the plug on their internet connection to the building - they could have had the best view in town and a lot of traffic to their webcam from interested/concerned Brandonites (it is Brandonites isn't it?)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2014, 13:46 »
Flood picture from the Brandon Sun taken on Saturday July 5. You can see the McKenzie Seeds building in the background, showing that the peregrines here have an excellent view of the flooding going on.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2014, 13:16 »
I've set up the general Fledgewatch board for 2014.

If there are folks out in Brandon who would like to join others to fledgewatch, I would be happy to set up a separate private fledgewatch board just for McKenzie Seeds.  Just send me a PM.

Just like the Radisson fledgewatch board, this board would be "private" and would only be accessible to members who wish to coordinate schedules.  Who's going where and when and with whom, is information that is more personal than should be viewable by the public on an open forum in the Project's opinion, so a private board just for interested forum members.

Any observations during fledging will be posted on the regular nestsite boards.  If any observations are posted here by mistake they will automatically be moved to the correct board so that everyone may share.

Any questions, send me a PM.
Thanks!

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2014, 12:56 »
More photos have been added to the Brandon Banding gallery.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/brandon_banding_2014

Three little cuties out in Brandon!  :-* :-* :-*