Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 38056 times)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / August - December
« Reply #184 on: August 20, 2014, 15:30 »

RCF, Please give us another update when you have a chance. Have you seen any of our Brandon family lately? Also, I haven’t seen any photos from you for quite a while.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2014, 21:52 »
(sorry, was just expanding the subject line)

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2014, 19:58 »
Thanks again and always for your reports RCF.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 21:52 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / August - December
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2014, 17:00 »
I am still seeing all three kids here.  :)  After work today two of the kids were on two of the three louvered ledges on the Scotia building, Brooklyn was on the other one. The other kid was on the walkway between the McKenzie and the Annex building and Hurricane was perched on the west Scotia sign.

The chick that was on the walkway flew off to chase pigeons that congregate on the walls and window sills.  It wasn't long before it reappeared and flew over to where Brooklyn and the other two kids were perched.......no luck catching a pigeon that time.

Brooklyn flew off to the west and just after the chick went past Hurricane on the Scotia sign she also left leaving the two other chicks on the ledges. So everyone is accounted for and they all seem to be doing just fine.  ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2014 / July
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2014, 20:50 »
I don't think I've thanked you RCF for all your input this year. I read, I appreciate and I forget to mention how fabulous it is to have such detailed reporting. :D

Doubly so since you were having to brave foul weather and rising flood waters!  :)

very well said! (agree with both of you)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2014, 21:13 »
I don't think I've thanked you RCF for all your input this year. I read, I appreciate and I forget to mention how fabulous it is to have such detailed reporting. :D

Doubly so since you were having to brave foul weather and rising flood waters!  :)

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2014, 20:26 »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2014, 16:24 »
I have been seeing our little peregrine family just about everyday.  I usually see all of them in the early morning and they seem to be hanging out close to home.  Just last week two of the kids were perched on one of the Cargill elevators two blocks west of the McKenzie bldg, Spencer hung out there last year too.  ;D

Friday afternoon Hurricane must have been giving a hunting lesson because one of the boys was yelling and chasing her.  She had a pigeon but she dropped it just as they flew between the McKenzie bldg and the Annex bldg.  It fell on the loading dock which is about one story.  I heard a thunk, sounded like something heavy hitting a metal roof and the pigeon is still there today.  I didn't see them all today just two kids and both parents but everybody seems to be doing quite fine here.  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2014, 12:53 »
Know RCF has been out of danger from most of the flooding and that water levels are dropping in Brandon so she might be involved in post-flood activities.  I'm sure that if the birds had run into problems, she would have posted, so definitely, no news is good news!  And remember, these chicks have been flying for a couple of weeks now - that usually puts them out of fledging danger, now comes the staying-out-of-danger-while-you-perfect-your-hunting-skills period.  ;)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2014, 21:03 »
Thanks for the good news RCF,
must be nice to see all of this family at home! :D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2014, 22:59 »
Ditto... So good to hear all your updates, RCF. Here's hoping all the fledglings take to the skies with finesse. :)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2014, 22:32 »
RCF, thanks so much for the updates!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2014, 18:10 »
6:45am

Looks like Lindy fledged, I saw her on the north wall of the mts building across the street, it's about four stories.  One of the boys was on the tower up above Lindy and the other was on the east ledge of the McKenzie roof. Both Brooklyn and Hurricane were also there this morning....the whole family was home.

3:30pm

After work all three kids were pretty much in the same places they were this morning except one of the boys was perched at the bottom of the clock tower.  Hurricane was on the louvered ledge on the north side of the Scotia building, I didn't see Brooklyn this afternoon.  
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 18:22 by RCF »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2014, 11:15 »
Well, I guess George is no worse for wear after flying into the clock tower, he was on the mts tower across the street this afternoon.  :)  I saw Brooklyn, Hurricane and for sure two of the three chicks, which would be Lindy and George.  I may have seen Frankie but because both boys are flying and all over the place it's hard to say.  I don't think Lindy has fledged yet, she was up on the north wall doing quite a bit of wingersizing.  ;D

Sounds like these guys are doing very well - avoiding the bad weather and not fledging before they are fully baked!
Thanks for the reports RCF  :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2014, 19:51 »
Well, I guess George is no worse for wear after flying into the clock tower, he was on the mts tower across the street this afternoon.  :)  I saw Brooklyn, Hurricane and for sure two of the three chicks, which would be Lindy and George.  I may have seen Frankie but because both boys are flying and all over the place it's hard to say.  I don't think Lindy has fledged yet, she was up on the north wall doing quite a bit of wingersizing.  ;D