Author Topic: What do the stars mean?  (Read 9784 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: What do the stars mean?
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 23:16 »
Well now, is there a brown star? If so what does it signify?

No brown.  As I posted earlier, just yellow for the new members, green for the long-time members, blue for classroom members.  Only a limited selection of colours and number of stars available so had to have a system.

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 20:28 »
Hey bccs, you are what you are.  Aren't we all phanatics no matter how many years or posts we have done?
Heck Gingerlee, doctors have been trying to put a name to what I am for years. Don't know, don't care, labels, schmabels, I yam what I yam.......    some sailor guy said that.

Offline Gingerlee

• Hatchling
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 18:42 »
Hey bccs, you are what you are.  Aren't we all phanatics no matter how many years or posts we have done?

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 18:34 »
Well now, is there a brown star? If so what does it signify?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 18:40 by bccs »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 19:41 »
Update on the star system as a result of the revisions in categories completed last year (2012).

Classroom - 1 green star - teachers or students
Falcon Fans - 2 green stars - member for at least 1 year who has posted between 10 and 49 times
Phanatics - 3 green stars - member for at least 2 years who has posted a minimum of 50 times

Yellow stars are related to the number of posts you have made so far on the observation threads.  When your membership upgrades to Falcon Fan or Phanatic, yellow stars are replaced by the green stars.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 02:35 »
We have modified the "star" system this year ....

Yellow stars are for first year members - they are based on the number of posts (see earlier in this thread for a breakdown of post categories)

Green stars - 2 = Falcon Fans - members who joined last calendar year (2010)
Green stars - 3 = Phanatics - members who joined before 2010 and who are still active on the Forum

Blue stars - 1 = Classroom - members who are teachers and junior or middle school students

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 19:58 »
LOL, Pchemist! LOL! Yes, it does refuse to die! :P

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 17:12 »
after all, not being able to figure something out started the whole "red/blue who's online" thread that refuses to die...  ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 17:10 »
No worries  :)

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2009, 17:02 »
TPC, thank you, now I get it -- sorry I was a bit stunned on this one. As mentioned earlier, it wasn't actually the count I was worried about, just couldn't figure it out.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 23:13 »
Hey Saorise, it can also depend on when the database is in maintenance mode - it holds off on the recounts until it has finished its maintenance so that the count is correct.  When its finished it recounts everyones totals so you will never "lose" a post in your count unless I delete your post.  Does that help?

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 21:49 »
BCBird, I appreciate your taking the time to answer this. It's not an important question really, because I'm not especially interested in the number of posts I make. Maybe I'm missing something obvious but it surprised me to notice that I posted once (say at 5 pm, just an example) and it showed, say, 170 posts. Then I posted again further down the same page and it still showed 170. As I say, it was a surprise that I didn't understand (still don't really!). I suspect some of these things will make more sense to me as I continue to participate in the forum.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 20:42 »
Saoirse, the number is always the total number you have posted.  In all threads you will have the same number shown.  When you post again, all threads where you have previously posted will show the new total.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 19:54 »
Okay, I have a question related to the number of posts, rather than the number (or colour) of stars. . . Sometimes I have noticed that a couple of my posts have the same number (rather than increasing). Is there a reason for that, or is it just a glitch?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 22:01 »
And willmax has two gold stars!!