Author Topic: What do the stars mean?  (Read 9931 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: What do the stars mean?
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 18:55 »
Excellent question Liz....
I also only have 2 stars and I don't know what gold stars are  ???

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 18:43 »
So what are the post-based member types?

Egg - 0 to 9 posts (1 star)
Hatchling - 10 to 99 posts (2 stars)
Chick - 100 to 499 posts (3 stars)
Fledgling - 500 to 999 posts (4 stars)
Old Bird - 1000+ posts (5 stars)
How come I have 2,558 posts but only two stars?  Two green stars means 2nd year?  What are gold stars?  ??? ;D 

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 13:39 »
Thanks so much for the explanation Tracy.  I play well with others also. :)

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 22:30 »
I keep trying to compose imformative and nice posts, but instead am laughing at how we basically all,  want to be involved. Then are asking about stars. lol. Gosh I wished I was out there, my forest ranger friend told me last year I would love it,  but with my dial up i just couldn't see, but this year, wow.  oH it has gotten too dark to see, however good day in alll, as I was away a few hours this afternoon and came back just in time to see them switch and everyones looks okay. Yay.

Oh and Tracy,where I live, its all about predators, owls , eagles, osprey, hawks, apparently there are 10 nesting sites for the peringrine falcon in NB also.  Starting to thilnk the unidentifed (hawk?) that was here on my railing in April was maybe a peringrine. Never did identify it for sure.  The woods go silent every now and then, and I know to look up and around,, and there is usally a majestic predator bird to see. 

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 22:16 »
I don't run with scissors and I play well with others ...  ;D

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 21:48 »
"I have 5 red stars because I'm the Administrator which basically means that this is my sandbox"

LOL.  Yes it is, and thanks for allowing us to play in it!!!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 21:40 »
Sorry Gang, I haven't quite added all the posts I want to yet, one of which was explaining what the different member groups are/mean ... I'll be posting the information in the FAQ section as well in case you need to find it again.

There are two types of members - one type is based on the number of posts you have made, one is not.  I have both on this Forum, however all of you are the first type, the second type is for the "staff" that help to run this place.  So why have a post-based member classification?  If you have questions, its nice to be able to ask someone that you can tell have been active on the Forum for awhile.  The assumption is that if someone has made lots of posts, they probably have some idea about what is going on.

So what are the post-based member types?

Egg - 0 to 9 posts (1 star)
Hatchling - 10 to 99 posts (2 stars)
Chick - 100 to 499 posts (3 stars)
Fledgling - 500 to 999 posts (4 stars)
Old Bird - 1000+ posts (5 stars)

I have 5 red stars because I'm the Administrator which basically means that this is my sandbox  ;D

Offline deedream

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 17:55 »
lol, I wondered that too.  At first I thought, what I am only an egg!  I need to start posting some good stuff.   :D Then I noticed that "Peregrine Chick" thats Tracy, the administrator and head of this project is calling herself a "hatchling". lol  So then I was alright.  Notice that she has 5 stars however.  We have only 1.  Wonder what we gotta do to get another star?  lol.  I am not working right now and have lots of spare time to watch the cam,, if she wants us to post everylittle thing that happens I am up for that when I am here.  lol. 

I also wondered if they record all the live feed, or not, maybe we can provide a valuable service  if they don't. Like snap a pic of stuff, and at least post when we see something happen.  What do you guys think?

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 17:42 »
That must be it because the 'hatchlings' have 10 posts or more and the eggs don't! - very cute! ;D

Ah, I see. Thanks.  That is cute.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 17:02 »
That must be it because the 'hatchlings' have 10 posts or more and the eggs don't! - very cute! ;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
What do the stars mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 16:35 »
What does egg and hatchling mean underneath our user names?  Does this have something to do with how many times we are posting?
Thanks