Author Topic: Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2015 / ? & Andamooka  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2015 / ? & Andamooka
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 01:04 »
Yes Allikat next year you will have to track them down. Ms Doolittle will be a permanent resident at that time and you and she will be able to do this. You two will have time to talk about this next week.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 13:14 »
Yes, yes!  Now allikat needs to work out the viewing times, somehow, she has failed miserably in the past!   :-\
Those darn birds sure know how to hide from me -  ::)

Not just you Allikat - from my information, they only just figured out the bird had a transmitter though to be honest they are often hard to see but she has been there long enough to have two chicks so you'd think someone would have noticed sooner but well these things happen. In any case now we know and apparently the male is bandleader according to a photographer friend of Dennis.

I hope to have photos to post soon ... And then next year we will be able to watch this little family via photos taken by Alli  ;)  ;D

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:37 »
Hotter off the Presses!!!

Just heard this evening that the resident female in Regina this year is none other than Andamooka (2013 West Winnipeg) - daughter of Beau and Jules, sister of Annie and Juliet.  She and her still unidentified mate had two chicks this year - a male and a female.  

Back earlier in the Project, I think from 1991 to 2001, there was a female here named Rosy/Stella who was a 1990 hack release from Winnipeg.  As I recall, she went through a couple of mates, one or two of which were also Manitoba birds.  I am trying to get more information on the Saskatchewan birds, but their records are not online so it will take awhile longer.  FYI - I started trying to track down our birds in Sask a few years ago when Donna turned up in Saskatoon in 2008, so "awhile" maybe longer than it sounds  ;)

Allikat finally has falcons again!!  ;D
Yes, yes!  Now allikat needs to work out the viewing times, somehow, she has failed miserably in the past!   :-\
Those darn birds sure know how to hide from me -  ::)

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 10:55 »
Thank you for your response, TPC! :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11 »
Is it now possible they will get a cam? You can never have too many cams.

I would be surprised if they got a cam in the near future - there hasn't been a nest here for a long time and the species isn't a listed at-risk species (usually this means limited govt infrastructure) so that generally (note I say generally) means that they will need to put together a team almost from scratch in order it all organized. Will I guess depend on whether there is enough interest and if that interest can be translated into support (financial and otherwise).  But who knows maybe this is exactly what folks in Regina have been waiting for and there is some just waiting to get involved in this kind of project!  Only 8 months until the start of the next nesting season  ;D

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43 »
Is it now possible they will get a cam? You can never have too many cams.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 04:40 »
That is great news. Thanks for sharing, TPC.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 22:43 »
Hotter off the Presses!!!

Just heard this evening that the resident female in Regina this year is none other than Andamooka (2013 West Winnipeg) - daughter of Beau and Jules, sister of Annie and Juliet.  She and her still unidentified mate had two chicks this year - a male and a female. 

Back earlier in the Project, I think from 1991 to 2001, there was a female here named Rosy/Stella who was a 1990 hack release from Winnipeg.  As I recall, she went through a couple of mates, one or two of which were also Manitoba birds.  I am trying to get more information on the Saskatchewan birds, but their records are not online so it will take awhile longer.  FYI - I started trying to track down our birds in Sask a few years ago when Donna turned up in Saskatoon in 2008, so "awhile" maybe longer than it sounds  ;)

Allikat finally has falcons again!!  ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 23:19 »
That's wonderful news!  :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 14:52 »
HOT OFF THE PRESSES

the were.air of peregrines in Regina this year and they had/have two chicks who were band with FWS (silver) bands only.  Don't know if they were/are on City Hall yet (my contact didn't say in his email) just a pair they haven't ID'd and two chicks.

I'be fired off another email for more details - will post when I hear anything.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 22:08 »
Took a good long look downtown today - looked up, looked down, looked left, looked right, looked the other left and the other right, looked up again, then...listened.  Couldn't shush the traffic, but, to make a long sentence short, I again, saw, a whole lotta nuthin'... :-\
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 22:14 by allikat »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 19:21 »
Thought I should visit this thread...
I haven't seen much activity downtown - but I was just passing through via vehicle transportation, not walking the city sidewalks tilting my head up, down and around.
I now work closer to downtown again, so I do hope to get out "watching" some more.
Fingers crossed that Falcons will come.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2015 / ? & Andamooka
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 23:24 »
Regina City Hall
Regina, Saskatchewan

This site used to be a very solid nestsite in the 1990s and early 2000s, but then the long-standing pairs didn't return and the site fell inactive.  But birds, both lone individuals and pairs, have been spotted at City Hall for short periods over the years since then.

There is no webcam or website attached with this site (or province) but if a pair should start nesting, that could change, in which case we will update this page.