Author Topic: Radisson - 2014 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 52735 times)

Offline mspeach

• Hatchling
Re: Radisson - 2014 / Smiley & Princess
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 10:11 »
Thanks TPC for all of your hard work.   Your head must be spinning.    Another year, another mate.   Trey was my favorite.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 10:17 »
Very happy the forum is back up.  Hope it all stays fixed.  Looking forward to reading everyones posts/updates.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 10:26 »
Congratulations on getting the forum up, TPC.
Thanks for the updates on CBC.
Would Smiley bring a new gene set?  I don't remember whether he is related to the Radisson family tree.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 11:58 »
Would Smiley bring a new gene set?  I don't remember whether he is related to the Radisson family tree.

He is and he isn't  :D

Smiley is the son of Terminator who is the daughter of Zeus who is the son of Phoebe who is the sister of T-Rex who was the father of Trey who was the father of Ivy.  So Smiley is related the Radisson birds, but back before Princess arrived and added her genetics.  Hurricane and Brooklyn are the only birds who are fractionally more closely related to one another and they are distant cousins in the scheme of things.  Beau and Beatrix and Hart and Joli are not related at all to their mates this year.  So though we have lots of newbies (Beatrix, Hart & Smiley) they are providing a whack of new material to our gene pool.  Who says romance is dead  ;)

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 12:43 »
Smiley is the son of Terminator who is the daughter of Zeus who is the son of Phoebe who is the sister of T-Rex who was the father of Trey who was the father of Ivy
Whew, try to keep that all straight . . . Thanks for all your hard work and dedication TPC.  It's great to have the forum back up and to be back in touch with everyone.

Offline Dagny

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 13:25 »
It's great to have the Forum up again.  Thank you for all your hard work, TPC.

After that long nasty winter, I'm really looking forward to happy hours watching the cams, and to looking way, way up every time I'm downtown.   :D

Offline gran2496

• Phanatic
  • Hatchling
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 14:20 »
Great to see the forum back, thanks PC for all your hard work.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 18:40 »
Smiley is the son of Terminator who is the daughter of Zeus who is the son of Phoebe who is the sister of T-Rex who was the father of Trey who was the father of Ivy...
LOL! Had to read that several times in order to connect the dots. Almost sounds biblical... "Terminator begat Smiley, etc. etc." Have no idea how you keep it all straight, TPC. But am certainly glad you possess such a gift. 8)

Great news that Princess & Smiley have eggs. Will be interesting to see what kind of dad Smiley is.
On another note, weren't Princess & Hart an "item" before Smiley claimed the Radisson nest box?
If so, could it be possible that some of those eggs have Hart's genes in them? Just wondering? :-\

Offline Feather2Fin

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 21:52 »
I was going through withdrawal without my spring peregrine fix.  Smiley the little guy that looked like he was going to stay in Winnipeg for the whole winter is back. As I recall he tried scratching last fall. He is a character.  Princess is having a fling with a younger male.  :o Gosh I hope that works out!

Thank you TPC for getting the forum back up and running. I can just imagine how terribly stressful that must have been. It is appreciated. Thank you to all concerned.

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 01:21 »
All that hanging around Winnipeg over the last couple of years. Knew there had to be a reason, opportunity only knocks once. Pretty sneaky Smiley, pretty sneaky.

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 08:45 »
The weather isn't getting much better, thank god they're under cover this year. Smiley showed good sense.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 10:57 »
Smiley is the son of Terminator who is the daughter of Zeus who is the son of Phoebe who is the sister of T-Rex who was the father of Trey who was the father of Ivy. 

You've got to be kidding . . . okay, I really need a paper and pencil to diagram this . . .  ;)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 11:24 »
All that hanging around Winnipeg over the last couple of years. Knew there had to be a reason, opportunity only knocks once. Pretty sneaky Smiley, pretty sneaky.

Actually, this is Smiley's second shot with this strategy - though he failed last year, he was in the right place with a very receptive female with Joli until Cowboy came back.  And he's in good company ... Trey did exactly the same thing and look how well that turned out!  And Screech out in Brandon was another right time, right place male - he happened to be around when Zeus took one of his sabbatical years and the result was - Brooklyn!  Another good result.  Sometimes the sneaky (aka patient) peregrine begats a dynasty.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 12:49 »
Without actually diagramming Smiley's ancestry, I'm guessing that his relationship to Trey is distant enough that he is actually bringing new blood to Princess's offspring. It'll be interesting to see how he differs from Ivy.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 13:49 »
Will miss Ivy this year -  (hope he's ok!!) -  but it's nice to have a new birdie to get to know. Princess will train him well I'm sure. I'm just SO glad they're in the West Nest - shelter from the howling winds and rains - Phew!!  ;D
TPC, is this Smiley's first time being a 'Dad' ? - How old is he?