Author Topic: Radisson - 2014 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 78676 times)

Offline Dagny

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
Re: Radisson - 2014 / Smiley & Princess
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 13:25 »
It's great to have the Forum up again.  Thank you for all your hard work, TPC.

After that long nasty winter, I'm really looking forward to happy hours watching the cams, and to looking way, way up every time I'm downtown.   :D

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 12:43 »
Smiley is the son of Terminator who is the daughter of Zeus who is the son of Phoebe who is the sister of T-Rex who was the father of Trey who was the father of Ivy
Whew, try to keep that all straight . . . Thanks for all your hard work and dedication TPC.  It's great to have the forum back up and to be back in touch with everyone.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 11:58 »
Would Smiley bring a new gene set?  I don't remember whether he is related to the Radisson family tree.

He is and he isn't  :D

Smiley is the son of Terminator who is the daughter of Zeus who is the son of Phoebe who is the sister of T-Rex who was the father of Trey who was the father of Ivy.  So Smiley is related the Radisson birds, but back before Princess arrived and added her genetics.  Hurricane and Brooklyn are the only birds who are fractionally more closely related to one another and they are distant cousins in the scheme of things.  Beau and Beatrix and Hart and Joli are not related at all to their mates this year.  So though we have lots of newbies (Beatrix, Hart & Smiley) they are providing a whack of new material to our gene pool.  Who says romance is dead  ;)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 10:26 »
Congratulations on getting the forum up, TPC.
Thanks for the updates on CBC.
Would Smiley bring a new gene set?  I don't remember whether he is related to the Radisson family tree.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 10:17 »
Very happy the forum is back up.  Hope it all stays fixed.  Looking forward to reading everyones posts/updates.

Offline mspeach

• Hatchling
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 10:11 »
Thanks TPC for all of your hard work.   Your head must be spinning.    Another year, another mate.   Trey was my favorite.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 10:08 »
Birds are in the west nestbox this year thankfully, one less thing to worry about with a new male and an older female who got a wee bit beat up earlier this year (more on that later when I have more time - and yes, she's fine, no worries).  Smiley didn't seem to much like the nestledge, liked the nestbox but he has atrocious manners - he poops in the box and has yet to figure out how to make a scrape, which is unusual in my experience with males.  Actually Smiley's an unusual character all the way around - more too on that later when I have more time  ;)

But you want details, okay ... look for a hatch date at the end of May/beginning of June - I'm inclined to think beginning of June though.  That would put banding late June, fledging in the second half of July.  Both CBC and Eye-Spy are knee-deep in upgrades to the computer hardware/software (XP related) but we are still hoping everything will be in place to go live at least a week before the eggs hatch.

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 09:58 »
It is so nice to see everyone ready for another season, that is not winter. Thanks TPC for all the work you do.

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 09:56 »
Bless you TPC!  :-* I don't always post in the off season but the minute the birds started coming back, I felt that I was cut adrift without any way of knowing what was happening.

We have eggs, yeah Princess. Am waiting for the cameras to go live.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 09:28 »
Thanks for all your hard work, TPC.  Glad we're back! 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 08:33 »
Yay..welcome back!  And thank you TPC!  :)

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 07:41 »
Ditto on everyone's postings. Thanks, TPC, for all of your hard work in getting the Forum back up. And also to CBC for posting your tweets for those of us who are not on Twitter. I am glad that Princess and Smiley are in the west nest box. It will be great to have sound from both McKenzie Seeds and the Radisson nests this year. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing the chicks and parents, feedings, and all of the excitement! Woo hoo!!  ;D

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 06:50 »
Can you provide us with an ETA for hatching? Are the Royals in the nestbox or the East ledge? TPC, you must feel some relief to have the forum back up. Catch a breath, you now have a season of work ahead. I, for one, sincerely appreciate what you (and others) have done for us.  :) Smiley has an emoticon named after him.  ::)

Offline wpgfan

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 06:28 »
Princess seems to be hard on the males...she had Trey for a few years, then Ivy for a few years and now Smiley :)

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 06:25 »
Can't wait until the camera is up and running!

Glad to see the Forum running again.  Keeping talons crossed it stays working! ;)