Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2014 / ? & ?  (Read 12218 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Tower Nest - 2014 / ? & ?
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 12:52 »
Maybe we'll have a nest there next year.  thanks for keeping us up to speed on the Tower, RCF.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2014, 17:32 »
I think the peregrine that was here has migrated.  I haven't seen one since Sept 17th.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2014, 17:56 »
It is always nice to see them. thanks RCF

hope you have cam next year. :-*

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 19:25 »
I checked out here today and there is still a peregrine hanging around.  :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 16:48 »
We checked out here today and there is still one peregrine hanging out on one of the stacks.  :)

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40 »

I’ve been wondering if anyone is still around (suppose she is laying claim to this location).

Thank you for the update RCF. :)

Checked out here yesterday.  One peregrine was perched on the catwalk railing on the south stack and looked to have a full crop. There are lots of gulls out in this area so I'm thinking that may have been it's lunch.  ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 19:25 »

I’ve been wondering if anyone is still around (suppose she is laying claim to this location).

Thank you for the update RCF. :)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 16:16 »
Keeping our fingers crossed!

Thanks RCF for keeping us updated on all the Brandon birds :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 10:51 »
I have only been out here a few times lately because of the flooding. Today there was one falcon perched on the south stack and it had a very full crop. It looks like the same birdie I have been seeing all season.

Been there all season is a hopeful sign for next season ... now if we could just get another bird (one who's old enough to understand what goes where and why) to hang around with him/her next year!!

Had a look back at the photos you posted RCF - the bird seems large enough to be a female ... what's your assessment?  A female sticking to this location might be even more hopeful ....

We seem to think it's female and it was a lot easier to tell when there were two of them out here, so I just don't know.   :-\

First estimations are more often right, so we'll go with it is a female until something alerts us to the contrary ... it looked like a female to me sitting there on the rail so I think you are right!

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 10:25 »
I have only been out here a few times lately because of the flooding. Today there was one falcon perched on the south stack and it had a very full crop. It looks like the same birdie I have been seeing all season.

Been there all season is a hopeful sign for next season ... now if we could just get another bird (one who's old enough to understand what goes where and why) to hang around with him/her next year!!

Had a look back at the photos you posted RCF - the bird seems large enough to be a female ... what's your assessment?  A female sticking to this location might be even more hopeful ....

We seem to think it's female and it was a lot easier to tell when there were two of them out here, so I just don't know.   :-\

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 09:18 »
...Today there was one falcon perched on the south stack and it had a very full crop. It looks like the same birdie I have been seeing all season.

That is good news! :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 23:20 »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 17:32 »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 17:46 »
Still only seeing the one falcon out here. We didn't see one for four days but saw one Friday and again today. The one we saw today was on the lower catwalk on the south stack doing a bit of preening and napping.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 17:05 »
Yes, it's always good to have some fun.  ;D   I checked out here today and saw no birdies.