Author Topic: Fargo - 2014 / Annie & Miracle  (Read 13746 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Fargo - 2014 / Annie & Miracle
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2014, 09:53 »
Wonderful that you were able to see one of the Fargo chicks in person, sparkster!
In the past few years, I have seen the Calgary chicks & the Ottawa chicks in person.
It is exciting to see in person, birds we have been watching on a webcam from afar.  :D

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 19:48 »
Audubon Dakota News

All Chicks Fledged!!

11 July 2014: The falcon chicks (eyasses) have all fledged! They can be seen flying around downtown Fargo on a regular basis. Keeping the camera focused on them is nearly impossible at this point! We will do our best to try and get shots of them as we are able. This also means that another season of the Falcon Cam is coming to a close. The camera feed will be turned off on August 1st, if not before. This date is dependent upon our ability to find the birds easily with the camera, but unfortunately, since they are wild animals and go where they please, this date may come sooner! Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors and viewers who have joined us for another successful season!

I checked out the area when passing through Fargo last evening and had the privilege of seeing one of the "kids" perched on the top of a cell phone tower not far from the nest box. I couldn't locate the other two, but checked the webcam later, and saw that all three were preening inside the nest box.

(I was also really excited about the owl that I saw on the roof of a nearby building until I checked it out with binoculars and found that it was a fake!  ;D )

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 12:38 »
Audubon Dakota News

All Chicks Fledged!!

11 July 2014: The falcon chicks (eyasses) have all fledged! They can be seen flying around downtown Fargo on a regular basis. Keeping the camera focused on them is nearly impossible at this point! We will do our best to try and get shots of them as we are able. This also means that another season of the Falcon Cam is coming to a close. The camera feed will be turned off on August 1st, if not before. This date is dependent upon our ability to find the birds easily with the camera, but unfortunately, since they are wild animals and go where they please, this date may come sooner! Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors and viewers who have joined us for another successful season!

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 21:42 »
Well, those pictures are totally cute!  :-*  The "babies" are growing up. Are they wingercizing already?

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 21:29 »
From earlier today. :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 15:50 »
Wow..how they grow up so quickly!
Very happy that our Annie, and her mate Miracle, did their job!

Actually Annie and his mate  ;)   ;D
Whooops...LOL!!!  Look, I corrected it!   ::)

;)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2014, 22:21 »

Whooops...LOL!!!  Look, I corrected it!   ::)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2014, 22:00 »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2014, 20:55 »
Very happy that our Annie, and his mate Miracle, did their job!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 22:20 by allikat »

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 20:45 »
Next t-shirt image Tracy?   ;)

I love the idea and even though Annie is one of ours, he is south of the border ...  :-[
Could be a new generation of t-shirt.  One with a borderline... or American born (from Canadian birds) on the back.

Definitely something to consider ...  ;)

;D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2014, 09:03 »
Audubon Dakota News

17 June 2014:
The falcon chicks (eyasses) were banded this morning during a public banding session in the sixth floor conference room at the Bank of the West building. Thanks to Master Bander, Tim Driscoll from Grand Forks for ensuring the eyasses were banded successfully!  We have two female eyasses and one male.  The band numbers and names are as follows: females - blk/red (C/03) is named "Happy"; blk/red (C/04) is named "Sandy" and male - blk/red (H/75)* is named "Jack".

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 11:36 »
Is it possible to get a copy of the digital image of the "family photo" of the three chicks? They are so cute, and I would love to get it printed to put on my desk.  :)

Sparkster  I tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full.

That's odd ...  ??? ... let me see if that is related to the forum software upgrade .... 

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 11:31 »
Is it possible to get a copy of the digital image of the "family photo" of the three chicks? They are so cute, and I would love to get it printed to put on my desk.  :)

Sparkster  I tried to send you a pm but your inbox is full.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50 »

RCF is the one who captured the image Sparkster - you might want to send her a PM and ask  :D

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 08:25 »