Author Topic: 2014 - WSA All-stars / Falcon Cams Live Now?  (Read 7739 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
2014 - WSA All-stars / Falcon Cams Live Now?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 18:43 »
Usually the cameras go go live 10-14 days before the first eggs hatch, which this year might be Brandon or Radisson, hard to say.  Hurricane and Brooklyn take a bit longer to hatch out their kids than Princess does but we will have to see this year.  That means the eggs should hatch about the beginning of June.  

Unfortunately, when we were just about to hook up the cameras for an early test, we realized that we were going to have to change some of the hardware and software so that you can watch the nests online.  We hope to be able to go live after the Victoria Day weekend, but if our work on the computers takes a bit longer our goal will be to go live before the eggs hatch.  

When the cams go live, you can watch them at: www.cbc.ca/manitoba/features/falcon/ - this website also has our Twitter Feed so you can watch the cams and get updates all in once place.  And I will be posting everywhere - website, blog, forum & twitter - when I know when the cams will be going live.

So you can see that being Project Coordinator means solving peregrine problems AND webcam problems - and lots of other problems as well.  So not all cool stuff with peregrines, there are lots of other problems and details included in what I do - but that is what makes it fun!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
2014 - WSA All-stars / Falcon Cams Live Now?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 18:43 »
Our next question is whether or not the camera link is up and if so, where can we find it?

The kids were very excited when I told them that Smiley and Princess have 3 eggs and that incubation has started - which is why they are eager to be able to watch!

Thanks,
The WSA All-stars