Author Topic: Resetting Time on Forum  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Re: Resetting Time on Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 19:24 »
Time seems to be correct right now, TPC. (January 6, 2012, 19:23) :D Will keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 13:33 »
Hey Kinderchick,

Just checked your main (public) profile page and your time is correct at the moment  (January 06, 2012, 13:33:06)  Keep an eye on it and I'll see about doing the same.  

If you notice your time is off on a post - send me a pm right away and put the time you are sending the pm in the body of the pm - that way I can see what time you say it is and what time the system says it is.

If others are having similar difficulties, please do the same thing!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14 »
Check the "time" on your profiles folks - it looks like they may have been reset to the default (EST/Toronto) with one of the recent software updates.

I noticed this morning that the time on my posts was off by an hour again, TPC, even though I corrected it the other day, according to your instructions.
I have tried this time to correct the time manually, according to your instructions. It looks to be okay for now but if it happens again, I will send you a PM to see if you can correct it. Maybe I just didn't do it right the other day. :-\ Anyhow, I will check back later this evening to see if the time is still okay.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 23:20 »
Good question Kinderchick - and no, you shouldn't have to reset your time for daylight savings time, the system should make the change automatically.  I have made a note to check the system when the spring change occurs and we'll see what actually happens.

Just so everyone knows, updates are far from infallible, with the last reset, the Forum's calendar (which we don't use much) is screwed up.  Pretty sure I can't fix it from my end and if that is the case then hopefully the developers can help us out, would like it fixed before nesting season as I'd like to see if I can put it to more use this year.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 23:01 »
Well, not long ago, I happened to notice that the time recorded on my posts was out by an hour and I was thinking that this must have occurred with the time change in the Fall. I had been meaning to ask you how I could fix this, TPC, for some time now, but just hadn't got around to it. Do you suppose this is why my time was off and not the others? :-\ Do we all need to go into our profile and manually update the auto detect default clock every time the time changes in Spring and Fall?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 22:43 »
I can't say what or why, but I can say that my time was off so who knows!!

Interestingly, mine is set correctly, with no changes required.

Mine was, too, BCBird -- wonder why some would be okay and others not?

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 20:38 »

Mine was, too, BCBird -- wonder why some would be okay and others not?

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 15:51 »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 14:19 »
Thanks for this info, TPC. I had noticed that my time was off by an hour but couldn't remember how to fix it. Followed your directions and it worked like a charm. :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Resetting Time on Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 13:12 »
Check the "time" on your profiles folks - it looks like they may have been reset to the default (EST/Toronto) with one of the recent software updates.

How to do it?

Check your time - go to "Profile" (top menu) and look at "Local Time" (close to the bottom of the page)

If it is correct, you don't need to do anything, your "time" is fine.

If it is not correct then
   Click on "Look and Layout Preferences" (left side menu)
   Click on "auto-detect"  (beside Time Offset)
   Then "Change Profile" (at the bottom)
   Go back to your "Profile" and check the "Local Time" again - it should be correct now.

If the "auto-detect" of your time zone didn't work, then you can change it manually.
   Click on "Look and Layout Preferences" again
   Go to "Time Offset" and enter in the correct offset - i.e., Winnipeg is one hour behind Toronto, so -1
   Click on "Change Profile" (at the bottom)
   Go back to your "Profile" and check the "Local Time" again - it should be correct now.

If you are still having problems, send me a pm with your geographic location and I will reset your time for you.