Author Topic: Radisson - 2015 / Smiley & Princess  (Read 56126 times)

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - 2015 / Jan - March
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 11:20 »
What great news that a PF is back in town. Just have to have it ID'd now. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was Princess?! Here's hoping. :D

Couldn't agree more, Kinderchick!

Here's hoping the weather stays warm also. ;)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45 »
What great news that a PF is back in town. Just have to have it ID'd now. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was Princess?! Here's hoping. :D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 14:29 »
Saw him/her too!! - No camera!!  :( - Big bird - very light - almost looks completely off-white but can't be if it's a Peregrine. If they'd turn around in a circle so we could see all of them, it would be handy!!  :P  Whoever it is got to town nice & early this year - probably getting in first DIBS on the BEST NEST in town!!! :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 12:39 »
Great news Sparkster!  What a thrill to see and on such a glorious day :)

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 12:29 »
12:15-12:25: Peregrine falcon perched on the west nest box. Woo hoo! It is a glorious day!  8) ;D

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 12:15 »
Okay. I have now seen the birdie! He or she is on the Manitoba Hydro Logo facing east. At least she/he was from about 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. I did valiantly try to take several photos with my phone, but the worth of them are doubtful unless we're trying to prove there is a blob on the Hydro logo.  :D

I was downtown Friday btw 2:00 & 2:30 PM. Looked around, but unfortunately, didn't spot a PF.  :(

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 21:03 »
;D My thanks to all for any and all info on our PF's Thank you TPC for holding off on upgrades. Excitements builds.

Well said, gemcitygemini! I hope our early bird cooperates with the paparazzi and TPC can determine who is here.  ;D

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 17:58 »
I have some spare time tomorrow and was thinking about heading downtown to see what I could find in the way of birdies. Maybe around 10:30, and then to Boston Pizza for a bit of a nosh.
If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know either here or by pm and we'll arrange a set time and place.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 18:00 by bccs »

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 15:53 »
 ;D My thanks to all for any and all info on our PF's Thank you TPC for holding off on upgrades. Excitements builds.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 14:34 »
Just posted one of the pics on Twitter for those who follow me there.

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 14:23 »
Okay. I have now seen the birdie! He or she is on the Manitoba Hydro Logo facing east. At least she/he was from about 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. I did valiantly try to take several photos with my phone, but the worth of them are doubtful unless we're trying to prove there is a blob on the Hydro logo.  :D

I haven't figured out how to get the pictures out of my phone to send anywhere though so... OH, maybe I'll get the user manual and figure it out this evening.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 12:59 »
As for the forum, we'll keep it live for a bit longer - will see what I can do in the off-hours until I can't and then we'll shut her down for as little time as possible.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 12:58 »
Cameras folks!! Cameras!!

Need to see birdie - doesn't matter how blurry or long distance it may be!

We are hoping that the connection to the cameras will be back this weekend but no guarantees - in the meantime - take photos with your cameras, phones, ipads, whatever.  Once the connection is back up we'll see if we can see anything on the recorder (which continues even when the connection is down) and maybe we can get an ID that way.

Well done Ballywing for the good eyes and Cooper for keeping her ear to the ground!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 21:54 »
Does a maintenance really need to be done now, especially when it's, one of the most, exciting times of the season?  Could it wait, or no?
It's just that..., who's who, where is who, who's going where with whom, and doing what with whom, will be happening soon, and who knows where with who and whom...   :D
It was unfortunate, the forum maintenance did not happen during the slower winter months, but it's understandable, and respected with work schedules etc.
it's just that, all of the members, and locals, are going to be, "on watch", for the return of the peregrines. It is an exciting time for everyone involved...just sayin' and sharin' - from the good ol  :-X.

The lookout and walkabouts begins... ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 22:59 by allikat »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 21:46 »
I will be in the downtown area tomorrow, as well. Will bring my binocs for sure! :D