Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2015 / Ty & Beatrix  (Read 32735 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: West Winnipeg - 2015 / April
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 22:14 »
So, if I have my genealogy right, then Ty is Beatrix's uncle and also her half-brother...

I think you're right, dupre... And the soap opera continues. LOL! ;)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 20:02 »
So, if I have my genealogy right, then Ty is Beatrix's uncle and also her half-brother.

Princess and Trey had Ivy in 2005
Princess and Trey had Ty in 2009
Princess and Ivy had Beatrix in 2011

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 18:50 »
Could hear one P.F. chattering near the Wal-Mart on Portage Ave. near the perimeter.

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 18:01 »
Today, we went out and spotted Beatrix on the south end of the Bleachers. Another birder that was in the area mentioned that he had seen both birds together and one had flown away very quickly. Beatrix had followed and landed where we found her and there she stayed.

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 00:26 »
Saturday, about 1:15 pm, Beatrix and Try were on the south sign on the Diner. Ty's white breast was very noticeable.

Offline mspeach

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 21:34 »
Thanks for clearing up the Brooklyns, RCF.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 20:13 »
Galleries have been started for the Peregrine 2015 season   http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2015  a few more photos will be added in the days to come for both the Logan and West Wpg. galleries. After that photos will be added as they become available.
Sit back and enjoy the season.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 19:33 »
There is a Brooklyn (65/M) canoodling with Mary Ellen at Great River Energy.....?

Yes, I posted on the Elk River thread about the new male.  :)  Here is a link to my post.

http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/pefa/forum/index.php/topic,632.msg98706.html#msg98706

Offline mspeach

• Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 18:16 »
There is a Brooklyn (65/M) canoodling with Mary Ellen at Great River Energy.....?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 14:37 »
If I recall correctly, Beau did not show up till around April 6th last year. That means that it is still early days here and there may be more drama before the final pair is decided. 

Absolutely Dupre ... early days yet ...

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 14:35 »
If I recall correctly, Beau did not show up till around April 6th last year. That means that it is still early days here and there may be more drama before the final pair is decided.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 00:41 »
Brooklyn, Beau and Ty are all a bit similar.   Ty however is the smallest of the bunch and when he flies its like watching an arrow shoot past.  He's definitely his father Trey's son - in appearance more so than his brother Ivy.  We've never had the opportunity to watch his parenting skills in detail but he has had kids before so all should go well.  Will be interesting how he stacks up against his brother's and his father's reputations.

And I'm very glad it wasn't Brooklyn too, I'm not a fan of pairs breaking up if they have been nesting successfully.  Fortunately it doesn't happen often and Brooklyn is a solid parent and hopefully that is getting passed along to his offspring at McKenzie Seeds!

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2015, 21:43 »
I'm relieved to find out that it's Ty here rather than Brooklyn. I have to admit I thought the photo I took yesterday looked a lot like Brooklyn from Brandon. If you check out RCF's photo from May 10th last year, the cheek area is very similar, as is the white breast. I was almost afraid to mention the similarity in look.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 19:47 »
Well, we have more information as of today and thanks to Dennis and Wowzer.

The female has been confirmed as our resident female from last year - Beatrix.  The male around at the moment is the 2nd male to been seen here - he has a much whiter breast than the 1st male.  Looks a lot like Beau but finer.  Dennis got a partial band number photo which caused us a little surprise - only three possibilities, all Manitoba males:  Brooklyn, Ty or Tupper.  Thought it was most likely going to be Tupper based on that photo.  For those of you who don't remember Tupper, he is brother to Ty who has been hanging out north of Winnipeg in Selkirk with an unbanded female by the name of Paris.   He is also the brother of Vesper who died in San Antonio when she was caught in the backwash of a jet plant taking off.  Ty, Tupper and Vesper were from Trey's and Princess' last nest together in 2009.  We really hoped it wasn't Brooklyn, he's been such a great resident male out in Brandon but he hasn't been seen out there yet, so anything is possible.  Wowzer solved the mystery this afternoon, it looks like Ty has jilted Paris in favour of Beatrix.  But, we have had a change in males here once since the birds arrived on March 28th so we'll keep a watch on this site in case there is more excitement in store.

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 12:26 »
Glad I could back you and Dennis up on this.

Eagerly anticipating confirmed results from the two of you.