Author Topic: Netherlands / De Mortel - 2015 / Pa & Miep-VieVie  (Read 16133 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Netherlands / De Mortel - 2015 / Pa & Miep-VieVie
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2015, 17:41 »
I am so very confused now - I've gone through some of the video clips and after the 8th of April, when it was assumed that Pa was no longer the resident male, he was back on April 12th, (maybe 13th ....?), with Miep/VieVie and in the Nestbox.
I've been going over the videos and translating them - and I have no idea who is the resident male here especially after that battle the other day.
And from what I have also translated (love Google), Pa was not part of those battles.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 17:43 by allikat »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 16:18 »
For some reason I can't open the video clips at this site this year.  I have the live feed and read the updates.  Any suggestions?

I had no problem opening/viewing using Firefox 37.0.1  ... if that helps any ...  :-\

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 15:06 »
That's a mystery, Irene!  I can usually open them with no trouble ???

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 10:56 »
For some reason I can't open the video clips at this site this year.  I have the live feed and read the updates.  Any suggestions?

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 14:23 »
Hi everyone,

Well, things aren't looking that great at the beginning of incubation. According to the videos, peregrines have been battling behind the nestbox.
Not sure of the outcome... Hoping that neither bird is injured.

I just watched the videos, allikat. They indeed look vicious. Hopefully all is well now, although they are dated today.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 13:36 »
Hi everyone,

Well, things aren't looking that great at the beginning of incubation. According to the videos, peregrines have been battling behind the nestbox.
Not sure of the outcome... Hoping that neither bird is injured.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 13:49 by allikat »

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 13:41 »
Thanks susha. Right click worked. Translate with Bing. It sounds windy there too!

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 11:17 »
GCG, I just accessed the site from my computer at work (for the first time - that's dangerous...no more work getting done 8)) and to get the page translated, I just right clicked on the mouse and the option to translate came up :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 11:02 »
Mine just translates automatically and I can't remember is I made that happen long ago when I first started watching this site :P

Still a mystery, this "family".  Looks like the intruder spent the night again last night.  When I took a look last evening, Miep-VieVie and the U/K male were snoozing away, heads tucked into their back feathers, looking relaxed and comfortable in each others' company. ???

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 06:46 »
Can anyone tell me is there is a translate link on this site? Since we upgraded to a newer version of Windows, we no longer get a translate link automatically. Thanks!

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 21:04 »
It seems that PA is still around and so is the intruding male, who sometimes sits in the nest box with Miep-VieVie who incubates her eggs as though there's nothing unusual about having two males apparently sharing a territory.   ???

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 14:55 »
I think that as most of us know her as VieVie, the hyphenated name might be the best way to go.
My thoughts also.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 10:19 »
Just a note about the eggs Miep-VieVie is now incubating ... the male may not do anything to them.  When T-Rex took over for his father while Madame was incubating at the Radisson there was no missed beat and no problems.  All the eggs hatched out without a problem and there was never any discord between Madame and T-Rex - well, other than he liked to incubate as much as she did.  Have more photos of him incubating than her in fact ...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 00:24 »
I think that as most of us know her as VieVie, the hyphenated name might be the best way to go.

I agree with the hyphenated name.

Ditto for me. :)

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 19:33 »
Too bad for Pa  :(
At least, for now, he is staying away.
I know that falcons will have a territorial battle and fight to the death, but, I recall TPC writing that they will also choose to not fight (I think that's sort of right, TPC?)
I hope that Pa decides to not fight again, but if he does, there is nothing we can do about it, and he has had a great run at De Mortel.

Is anyone else having issues with the link to their cams?

I had no issues this evening with the cams. But good grief! I didn't check that site for a few days, only to find about all of the drama. I am very sorry for Pa and VieVie. I really like Pa.  :'(  He and VieVie had four wonderful chicks last year, and they were all so much fun to watch. Poor VieVie must be so traumatized with her four eggs to incubate, Pa gone, and this stranger in the nest box. And the stranger was definitely in the nest box a short while ago. It is very sad. I, too, hope that Pa stays away if he isn't going to win the fight.