Author Topic: Logan - 2015 / Hart & Jolicoeur  (Read 18616 times)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Logan - 2015 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2015, 22:55 »
Very sorry to hear of Calloway's accidental death. :'(

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2015, 04:44 »
I do certainly appreciate all the updates you provide, TPC. Your help in keeping the Radisson cam up and running allows us to view our resident pair. And your text narration of all the nests' coming and goings give this follower a visual of the 2015 season. Thank you ever so much. You're the best!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2015, 13:50 »
Yup been a bad year 6 eggs that didn't hatch, 3 chicks dead and a breeding male out of the wild breeding population.

But all the deaths were accidental - the first two Logan boys (it appears) tried to get back to the nest during a storm there was no way they could handle. Calloway had an accident pure and simple - he was beyond the basics of flying so this was just a fluke.  And these are the first rescues, injuries or deaths we've had at this site so we are still doing well here. In the early years at the Radisson we had this many deaths more than a couple of times so statistically, we were due unfortunately.  Keep in mind that Sundance from 2013 came home this year so we know at least one has survived to breeding age.  And Tiggy's little digestive adventure is just proof that this birds don't like to be boring!!!!

So while we had losses we have also got a record number of adult birds at Manitoba sites this year granted many didn't nest but it does help a bit to prove that "if you built it, they will come" and at least check out the real estate! 😉

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2015, 18:14 »
so sad . hoe remaining juvenile stays safe

As far as territory goes, we have learned something new in Edmonton. I will post maybe later tonight, but our yellow band male from WEber has been at U of A since August 9the, He did go home for a meal late August 10th but he is seen in box , on box and with the other juveniles here regularly . Our adutls at U of A do nto appear bothered which is new for Radisson. She usually chases everything out.
So I am just saying, maybe the juveniles from both sites will get together

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2015, 16:27 »
Sad to hear this :'(

Thanks for keeping us updated with all the news, good and bad.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2015, 15:01 »
TPC, I am so sorry about little Calloway. What a hard, hard year it has been, with so very many losses.  :'(

I hope Django will be able to stay safe.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2015, 15:00 »
 :'( Again, more disturbing news from this site. So sad. I sincerely hope Django survives to make a successful migration and returns next season. 2015 just hasn't been a good year for Winnipeg nests.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2015, 13:20 »
More sad news I'm afraid, we lost Calloway.  He died on Monday.  It was purely an accident, a collision with a wall.  By this point he normally wouldn't have had this kind of accident but it may be that he was chasing prey - he's the right age - and misjudged the corner and at the speeds they fly, that's all it takes.

So far as we know, Django is okay ... haven't seen him for a few days but that isn't unusual at this age and Joli and Hart aren't hanging around at the nestsite or their favourite haunts so it is that time of the year when all the peregrines are ranging much further away from home and for longer periods of time.

Thank you to Tom S who found Calloway and gave us a call.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2015, 23:03 »
I'm assuming Hart and Jolicoeur are staying near this site in order to maintain their territory; although, until someone reports seeing them or the kids, their whereabouts remain uncertain.

Same thing happened last year and the year before - once they got a couple of weeks of flying under their wings they were off.  And remember, no news is good news - Sundance made it back this year, possible others did elsewhere as well, we'll just have to see when folks start reporting their observations to the USFWS ...

We do have spotters keeping an eye out for them and if I hear from any of them or if Dennis or I should spot a familiar lump in the area, we will be sure to let everyone know!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2015, 17:05 »
The Logan kids usually get hard to spot when they get past the first couple of weeks after fledging.  It seems that the Radisson kids have been hanging out south of the hotel after they fledge and the Logan chicks appear to go north.  Could be that their parents are encouraging them to stay away from each other's nesting territories - if that is so, more proof that they are smart birds.

They certainly are very smart birds, and this information does seem to provide more proof - thanks for sharing TPC. :)

I'm assuming Hart and Jolicoeur are staying near this site in order to maintain their territory; although, until someone reports seeing them or the kids, their whereabouts remain uncertain.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2015, 17:38 »
The Logan kids usually get hard to spot when they get past the first couple of weeks after fledging.  It seems that the Radisson kids have been hanging out south of the hotel after they fledge and the Logan chicks appear to go north.  Could be that their parents are encouraging them to stay away from each other's nesting territories - if that is so, more proof that they are smart birds.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2015, 13:32 »

I'm hoping someone who enjoys watching these falcons might begin posting updates from this site again.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2015, 14:39 »
Yesterday the boys were observed flying between points with good form and Hart was encouraging with food. Joli was keeping guard over everyone.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2015, 15:43 »
Looks like our two surviving boys have started to venture off the nestledge again ... so far so good ...
At least the weather looks to be more favourable for the next few days.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2015, 05:33 »
So sad to hear about the two chicks. Happy to hear the grounded chick is well and has been returned to his nest with some fanfare. He should be named, "Feisty"

Thanks Dennis for sharing a photo of this chick in your email. By far, the most beautiful PF I have seen. The markings are awesome.

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2015, 20:42 »
Sad to hear that we lost two in that storm.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2015, 15:19 »
Wow, what a horrible and scary storm that must have been for humans and animals alike.

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of two males, and relieved that the third was rescued.

Hope you haven't too serious a bite wound, TPC!

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2015, 08:52 »
So sad to hear about the two chicks. Happy to hear the grounded chick is well and has been returned to his nest with some fanfare. He should be named, "Feisty"

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2015, 00:24 »
Oh man. this is so sad. what happened TRacy

If I had to guess, at least two of the chicks fledged when they should have at about the 35-36 day mark on Friday or Saturday.  Third chick might have as well.  The two chicks that died I believe were trying to get back to the nest and collided with the wall but given the location, I don't think they would have had enough speed to die on impact (and yes, they did die on impact) without a strong wind being involved, like the winds we had in Saturday's storm.  Given where I found them and that they were 10 feet from each other, my opinion is that they were trying to get back and in their experience couldn't handle the winds and died.  Totally accidental and not due to anything they did like so many of our other chicks over the years.  I've found adults dead after these kinds of storms, so hopefully chick three and four will keep their heads down if there are more storms (there was some suggestion we might have more tonight) before trying their wings out again.  These are our first fatalities at this location and hopefully with good weather they will be our last (knock on wood).  Chick three had managed to get himself a few feet off the ground but he would have had a hard time working his way back up so though he was royally annoyed with me (he bites!!), I scooped him up and Lisa at Prairie Wildlife was able to give him a clean bill of health and we returned him back to the nest to join his surviving brother and their parents.  Hart and Joli were also royally annoyed at us when we brought their kid home, but it was worth it.   8)

For those of you from away, here's some news on the storms we had ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitobans-clean-up-assess-damage-from-severe-saturday-storms-1.3131141
http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/features/in-pictures/in-pictures-severe-storm-passes-through-manitoba-1.2454392
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2015/07/05/storms-unleashes-rain-floods-and-hail

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2015, 00:00 »
Sad news - two of our Logan chicks died in, we believe, last night's storm. One chick was safe at the nest this am fourth chick was ground but we had him checked out and we put him back at the nest. He was annoyed by the attention(which is great) but unharmed as a result of his adventure.

Oh no! What very sad news to hear! I am so sorry.  :'( :'(

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2015, 23:36 »
Oh man. this is so sad. what happened TRacy

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2015, 20:37 »
So sad.  :'(

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2015, 18:35 »
Sad news - two of our Logan chicks died in, we believe, last night's storm. One chick was safe at the nest this am fourth chick was ground but we had him checked out and we put him back at the nest. He was annoyed by the attention(which is great) but unharmed as a result of his adventure.

oh, so sorry to hear.  That was a nasty storm.

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2015, 18:30 »
Winnipeg has not had much luck this year and it is all to do with the terrible storms we have been having.  Unfortunately, we cannot control nature.  I really hope their is no more bad news on our nests this season and am so glad there are still 2 chicks at this site.

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2015, 14:43 »
Very sad news. Poor little ones.  :'(

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2015, 13:39 »
So sad. :'(

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2015, 13:28 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2015, 16:47 »
The West Winnipeg girls may not have left their nestbox yet, but three of their four male cousins at Logan have already mastered the art of hopping up on the roof ledge.  Fledging for the Logan boys should be in about a week to 10 days depending on how adventurous/fearless they are.  Fortunately there is a whole troupe so they will go when they are ready and are likely to come back to keep each other company.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2015, 12:30 »
Oh they are all so cute!   8)  Can't wait to hear if we are going to have a naming contest again.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2015, 10:55 »
glad all males there. should be easier for  flying. Great pciutres. they must be older as they have some brown already

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2015, 08:43 »
More photos have been added to this gallery.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/logan_birds_2015

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2015, 16:08 »
Nice looking photo of the 4 boys at their banding. :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2015, 09:03 »
Hi TPC

You posted the photo of the 4 banded chicks (all males) on the locked 2014 thread.  ;)

Oh nuts - sorry about that folks will move over now .
When moved it will be before this post if folks are looking for it.

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 02:05 »
Hi TPC

You posted the photo of the 4 banded chicks (all males) on the locked 2014 thread.  ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 00:35 »
than you for such wonderful pictures. One day I will have a camera like that. I will be too old to hold it LOL

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2015, 23:33 »
We banded the Logan chicks today and for a second time in this territory's short history, we had an all male nest.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2015, 09:00 »
Logan Chick Flick photos at this link  http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/logan_birds_2015

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2015, 21:58 »
I agree, great news!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2015, 00:02 »
We checked on the Logan site today... Hart and Joli have 4 of 4 again this year and they all look great.

That is such good news! :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 21:43 »
We checked on the Logan site today - weather was great,warm and dry.  We knew the eggs were laid at the same time as the West Winnipeg eggs so it was really more a question of how many chicks hatched since we haven't had a "full house" - 0 out of 4 at the Radisson, 2 of 4ar West Winnipeg and 3 of 4 at McKenzie Seeds.  Thanks to Dennis and his trusty camera we can confirm that a) the chicks are about the same age as the West Winnipeg chicks and b) Hart and Joli have 4 of 4 again this year and they all look great.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 09:33 »
Hope to get an update on these two and their nest in the next day or two barring any rain!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2015, 14:12 »
I'd be surprised in fact if there weren't four fat & sassy chicks when we check.
Here's hoping!!!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 12:03 »
We hope to check on the Logan site early next week and will of course let everyone know how Joli and Hart have fared.
Joli is a really kick-butt mom, so I'm not anticipating any problems, I'd be surprised in fact if there weren't four fat & sassy chicks when we check.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 10:52 »
our eggs at U of A did not even look pipped and viola. every one is different

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 17:45 »
As of Friday, looked like 2 eggs had the start of pips, maybe the third too ...

TPC - your photo is most helpful and clear!
Thanks for posting. :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 17:41 »
You just never know, do you !   ;)

Yes, you actually never know with any nest. :)
However, the latest photo from TPC is quite reassuring.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2015, 20:57 »
I remember thiswell. was such a treat fo r Peter and I

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 11:58 »
Few more photos have been added to the Logan Gallery.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 10:24 »
Likely we won't be able to check on these chicks until next week - there is no staff to get us where we need to get to at the Logan site for the next few days.  Not to worry, we know where they were at as of the 28th and we can gauge by size/development about when they hatched during the week.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 16:14 »
As of Friday, looked like 2 eggs had the start of pips, maybe the third too ...

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 08:50 »

Their nestsite overall is pretty exposed but in a very different way from the Radisson - much bigger and with better protection from the wind that is for sure, but their tuppernest is still on the "ground", so won't know until the eggs hatch or don't I'm afraid.  I think they have a pretty good chance though if that helps.

TPC posted on May 22 that all looked fine here. ;)

Thank you RCF, but I had already seen that post from TPC on May 22, as well as her post from May 18 - which mentioned that since the nest is on the ground - we won’t really know until the eggs hatch or not.

In my 1st post on May 29 I was thinking about the uplifting photo of the 4 eggs by Dennis - and wanted to thank him for those gorgeous photos (as well as thank TPC for placing the tupper nest).

Possibly my 2 postings (in a row) might have been clearer if I would have combined my thoughts into 1 post (but that's just the way it happened).

You just never know, do you !   ;)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2015, 17:11 »

Their nestsite overall is pretty exposed but in a very different way from the Radisson - much bigger and with better protection from the wind that is for sure, but their tuppernest is still on the "ground", so won't know until the eggs hatch or don't I'm afraid.  I think they have a pretty good chance though if that helps.

Thank you RCF, but I had already seen that post from TPC on May 22, as well as her post from May 18 - which mentioned that since the nest is on the ground - we won’t really know until the eggs hatch or not.

In my 1st post on May 29 I was thinking about the uplifting photo of the 4 eggs by Dennis - and wanted to thank him for those gorgeous photos (as well as thank TPC for placing the tupper nest).

Possibly my 2 postings (in a row) might have been clearer if I would have combined my thoughts into 1 post (but that's just the way it happened).

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 16:57 »

I look forward to seeing your photos TPC. :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 16:37 »
The eggs looked fine and intact yesterday ... now my photos aren't as good as Dennis but I will check them closely in case there is a pip or something showing.  Will post a photo as soon as I have them downloaded.

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 13:10 »
Dennis, I really appreciate all we get to see because of your photo's.  Thanks as always!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 07:22 »
Logan eggs look just fine as do Hart and Joli so all is good here as well.
Estimated start of hatching is next week.

No camera here - so we really don’t know what happened on May 17, but hopefully positive thinking will help.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 21:20 »

No camera here - so we really don’t know what happened on May 17, but hopefully positive thinking will help.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 21:10 »
Few more photos have been added to the Logan Gallery

Gorgeous photos!

It’s so nice to see all four eggs still safe in the tupper nest. :)       

Thank you Dennis and TPC.

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 10:47 »
Love your photos, Dennis

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 10:23 »
great photos :)

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 00:54 »
Thanks for the great pictures, Dennis. Can't wait to see the next ones!  :)

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 09:59 »
Few more photos have been added to the Logan Gallery at the link below.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 19:29 »

That's great! The weather's supposed to be beautiful next week - sunshine & mid to high 20's all week! :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 14:04 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 09:29 »
Don't know about them yet and won't know until it is sunny and warmer - Tuesday at the earliest - but we will be playing it by ear.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19 »
And these two?  Are they and their eggs okay?

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 21:14 »
More photos have been added to this gallery http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/logan_birds_2015

Cheers !

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 22:52 »
And excellent news for the future - Hart and Joli are parked on four eggs as of yesterday...
That's great news! :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 09:21 »
And excellent news for the future - Hart and Joli are parked on four eggs as of yesterday.  We don't have a camera at this site so we wanted to make sure they were well into laying and the weather was warm before we checked on them.  Weather was perfect yesterday and we have been of the opinion that they were on the same schedule as Beatrix and Ty at West Winnipeg and that is exactly what we found.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 09:15 »
Blast from the Past

Sundance, one of the three male chicks from Cowboy's and Joli's only nest together (Logan 2013) just reappeared.  Looks like he might be hanging out with Ty's former mate Paris.  They aren't where Ty and Paris nested last year and he is only two so no idea if they will try to nest or if she'll spend the summer explaining the ins-and-outs of how to court an older lady.  This is our first return or sighting of a Logan chick after hatch year.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 20:55 »
Drove by site about 7:30 p.m. Monday evening.  Joli was sitting minding her own business; Hart came sweeping by,
it's time for some canoodling.  Did his thing and he flew off.  Joli just went back to minding her own business.

Oh man does that ever sound like Hart!  On our first sojourn to Logan this year, he was quick to defend the site and Joli just hung back until we got too close.  Will be interesting to see if that continues or if he is the magnificent vanishing male again this year  ;)

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 20:26 »
Drove by site about 7:30 p.m. Monday evening.  Joli was sitting minding her own business; Hart came sweeping by,
it's time for some canoodling.  Did his thing and he flew off.  Joli just went back to minding her own business.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 13:08 »
Hart was on his game this morning when we went to check the nestbox - he was up in the air kakking at us until he was sure that Joli wasn't concerned about us, then he settled but he was still on-guard.  Not as much of an assassin as Cowboy but he was making sure we knew he meant business.  (Business is relative however when Cowboy is the benchmark!!)  Joli didn't even get off her tail feathers until we got close to the nestbox then she too came to scold us.  We didn't stay long of course, enough time to confirm a nice substantial scrape in the gravel and for Dennis to grab some flight shots.  Not expecting eggs until end of the month ish, but we like to check sites to see how they are being used each spring.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 11:34 »
Dennis and I did a run around on Saturday and we didn't see Hart or Joli at all anywhere in the Logan territory where they know they like to hang out.  This isn't a concern, it isn't unusual for pairs to disappear for hours or even a day or two during the pre-nesting period.  Jules and Beau used to do it all the time, kept thinking they were going to find some equally terrible to nest on but then they would return and go back to their original horrible spot.  Hart was like a ghost last year, almost never found him around the nestsite, didn't mean he wasn't paying attention, just that he like to hang out further away than Cowboy did.  Beau was like this when Jules was nesting - hard to find him anywhere near the nest or her until we moved their chicks at banding, then we had no problems finding either of them.

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 08:00 »
A few more photos have been added to the galleries in Peregrines 2015.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2015

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 23:03 »
So glad to hear that Hart & Jolicoeur have returned! :D

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 20:12 »
Galleries have been started for the Peregrine 2015 season   http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2015  a few more photos will be added in the days to come for both the Logan and West Wpg. galleries. After that photos will be added as they become available.
Sit back and enjoy the season.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 14:54 »
Have had a report of another peregrine squawking at Hart & Joli this morning.  Don't know if it was one of the Radisson or West Winnipeg birds reading them the riot act or if it is a bachelor bird looking for love (remember Smiley? and Alice?).  If we manage to catch a band number on our travels, we will let folks know.  We are also checking photos and videos in case we can find any details there.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 18:49 »
Despite newly returned, very amorous, uncooperative birds and wind, Dennis and the Wowzers got photos of birdie feet in flight and we have managed to decipher the numbers and as of this morning, Hart and Jolicoeur are back.  And I think I mentioned this, they are exceedingly pleased to see one another!!  :o   Don't think there will be much of a time gap between the West Winnipeg and Logan nests this year if the enthusiasm of the pairs is any indication.  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Logan - 2015 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:50 »
Thanks to Dennis, looks like we can confirm a third pair in the province.  Wowzer accompanied Dennis so perhaps we will be able to say who the birds are or aren't once Dennis has been able to take a look at his photos.  Given that this pair is back in all the usual places in the Logan territory and seem very familiar with one another, it is likely we know who they are ... or maybe not.  More news as we have it.

And yes, we have been keeping an eye on this location and yes, it could be that the female here is the one who has visited and been pushed out of both the Radisson and West Winnipeg territories already this spring.  We'll be comparing photos/screen captures to see if we can't confirm.