Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2017 / In Captivity - Beau (2007- )  (Read 24208 times)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Beau - Injured Peregrine @ CMU
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2017, 12:29 »
That is great news! :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2017, 11:31 »
I was thinking of Beau recently. Have you heard anything about him recently?

He's fine last I heard - making babies last time I heard as well.  Will see if I can get an update on his activities since the spring ... last year he had four chicks I believe but will check that as well ...

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2017, 23:02 »
I was thinking of Beau recently. Have you heard anything about him recently?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 13:37 »
If Beau has adjusted to his surroundings and is capturing prey, he is probably safe where he is now. Is there a chance for photos?

It isn't a public facility but I can ask ...

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2015, 15:15 »
Not according to the vets, they say that though the wing is fine, the muscles were damaged in the fight and that they aren't strong enough to be able to support him in the wild. 

If he defies his medical prognosis, folks here will be the first to know!

Thank you for the info, TPC! I am glad that Beau's wing has healed well. I know that when muscles, such as abdominal muscles, are damaged that it can take many months for recovery. I remember when Hera from the Woodmen nest had a laceration across her abdomen from a territorial battle, it took about five months for her to regain her flying ability. Of course, each situation is different.

Please do post updates when you can.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2015, 15:07 »
If Beau has adjusted to his surroundings and is capturing prey, he is probably safe where he is now. Is there a chance for photos?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2015, 13:36 »
He can fly short distances and he hunts his own prey in his and his ladyfriend's enclosure.  He's doing well by all accounts and from what I have seen from photos recently.  Next spring will be the time to really know how he's doing - if he has young, he's back up and running!  ;D   Seriously though - if he has young then he isn't adversely stressed to being back in captivity that he's unwilling or unable to do what he did in the wild.  Its a litmus test of sorts.  He seems to be getting along with his lady friend which is half the battle - Jules was a battle axe so likely he can get alone with anyone!!

Thank you so much for the update on Beau, TPC! I am very glad that he is doing well. I hope he has a good sized enclosure. Is there still no chance that he could be releasable in time?

Not according to the vets, they say that though the wing is fine, the muscles were damaged in the fight and that they aren't strong enough to be able to support him in the wild. 

If he defies his medical prognosis, folks here will be the first to know!

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2015, 10:10 »
He can fly short distances and he hunts his own prey in his and his ladyfriend's enclosure.  He's doing well by all accounts and from what I have seen from photos recently.  Next spring will be the time to really know how he's doing - if he has young, he's back up and running!  ;D   Seriously though - if he has young then he isn't adversely stressed to being back in captivity that he's unwilling or unable to do what he did in the wild.  Its a litmus test of sorts.  He seems to be getting along with his lady friend which is half the battle - Jules was a battle axe so likely he can get alone with anyone!!

Thank you so much for the update on Beau, TPC! I am very glad that he is doing well. I hope he has a good sized enclosure. Is there still no chance that he could be releasable in time?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2015, 09:12 »
Happy to hear Beau is doing well and catching his own prey. I'm curious, how large is his enclosure and if possible, could you post a photo of this enclosure, possibly with him and his lady friend in it?

Unfortunately not, the Centre he is in now is not a public facility - might be able to get a photo of his lady friend though ... will see what I can do ...

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2015, 04:23 »
Happy to hear Beau is doing well and catching his own prey. I'm curious, how large is his enclosure and if possible, could you post a photo of this enclosure, possibly with him and his lady friend in it?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2015, 16:17 »
It has been a long time since there was an update on Beau. Is there any news on how he is doing?

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2015, 01:08 »
It has been a long time since there was an update on Beau. Is there any news on how he is doing?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 11:48 »
Way to go Beau - enjoy retirement.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2015, 22:59 »
Well, one of Annie's and Miracles eggs has hatched in Fargo. So there ya go for more of Beau's genes.  ;D

Excellent timing indeed ... I should also check on Juliet ... haven't heard if she returned to Minneapolis again this year ...  ???

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2015, 22:54 »
Well, one of Annie's and Miracles eggs has hatched in Fargo. So there ya go for more of Beau's genes.  ;D

;D