Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2016 / Ty & Faith  (Read 32054 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: West Winnipeg - 2016 / Ty & Faith
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2016, 11:17 »
Faith and Ty are still hanging out at the nestbox - usually visit at least once a day, often more but usually don't stay long, just asserting their control on their territory I suspect.

Today however, Puck turned up!  The timing was so close to when Windsor left the Radisson nestbox (check that post/photo on the Radisson thread) that I wondered if it could have been him making the rounds, but nope, read Puck's band number so two of the boys are still in town along with at least 4, but I think still 5 of the adults.  There was a bird with a blacker head and a much bigger white breast - reminiscent of Trey's - at the Logan nestsite today and given what he was doing and where and how comfortable he looked doing it, even though Ty and Hart have physical traits in common, I have no doubt of the two, it was Hart.  Joli was definitely at Logan yesterday doing a lot of preening.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2016, 19:50 »

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2016, 18:59 »
Yesterday, we found Faith and one of the chicks.

Wow, Faith sure has a lovely colour on her breast!  Great pics dupre!

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2016, 13:07 »
Nice photos RCF!

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2016, 13:06 »
Yesterday, we found Faith and one of the chicks.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2016, 14:55 »
Rose and I were in Winnipeg this morning for a very quick in and out trip. We were lucky enough to see one of the chicks.  It had green tape on it's band so I guess it was Puck.    :)

You timed your trip to Winnipeg just right for some very nice photos of Puck! Thanks for sharing, RCF. I see that Puck still seems to be a homebody, as TPC has mentioned. He’s also very cute!  :D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2016, 20:38 »
Rose and I were in Winnipeg this morning for a very quick in and out trip. We were lucky enough to see one of the chicks.  It had green tape on it's band so I guess it was Puck.    :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2016, 16:59 »
We had a couple of chicks visiting yesterday ... Puck was the male (big surprise) but the other bird was Titania ... nice to see her again.  :)

Good to know you saw Puck and Titania yesterday … hmm, maybe Oberon was busy enjoying the Radisson site!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2016, 14:13 »
We had a couple of chicks visiting yesterday ... Puck was the male (big surprise) but the other bird was Titania ... nice to see her again.  :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2016, 19:16 »
Today was a great day!

Found a couple of birds in the usual location. Ty on the south sign in the sun, and one of the chicks on the east sign. Found another bird in a different location. This one was Titania and I was in the right place at the right time. She was so close.

Titania, really couldn't have been much closer without having to back up to get her picture.

Thank you for sharing, Dupre. Titania is sure looking gorgeous in your close-up photos! You were so lucky to find her in the right place at the right time!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2016, 19:42 »
Ty and Faith have been trying to have some alone time together today but their kid Puck keeps interrupting them - or turning up right after the fact ...

Faith & Ty renewing their pair bond this morning ... without interference this time from Puck

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2016, 23:16 »
Another great sequence of photos of Ty, Puck and Faith, dupre501! Thank you! Such a beautiful falcon family.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2016, 11:44 »
Puck is our little homebody this year ... kid comes home every single day to play with the bits in the nestbox.  Maybe he'll inherit Trey's housekeeping gene ... only time will tell.

Titania turned up yesterday for a bit ... she's a big female ...

Late last week, Faith and Ty were doing a lot of bowing in the box but then Puck would turn up and off the adults would go ... not so much this week but it is still early in the season for post-season dating ...

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2016, 09:59 »
Amazing photos and updates. Thanks for sharing, dupre!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2016, 09:56 »
 That's pretty 8) dupre!  Lots of fun to watch!  :-*