Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2017 / Ty & Faith  (Read 22693 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: West Winnipeg - 2017 / Ty & Faith
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2017, 10:32 »
Sad news ... Beaumont from Beau's and Beatrix's 2014 nest here at West Winnipeg has been found dead.

Read more about it on the blog - Sept 02 - Bittersweet

Thank you to Bccs for passing along the information from her friend

I was very sad to read of the loss of Beamont. It is also sad that he was found back home in Winnipeg, and that we will never know what happened to him, or where he spent the years in between. It never gets any easier to lose one of these magnificent birds.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2017, 17:10 »
Sad news ... Beaumont from Beau's and Beatrix's 2014 nest here at West Winnipeg has been found dead.

so sorry ot hear this. it is always hard.

:'( :'( :'(

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2017, 18:40 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/906253611965042688
I’m happy to know that Faith has been seen visiting her nest area (as well as Logan). She’s probably just lonely and looking around for company … hmm, looks like you were right (again!), TPC.  ;)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2017, 19:22 »
Maybe they think it’s all over? ??? TPC?

I think Faith is just lonely and Logan is where she last had company.  Haven't seen any of the other birds around since I saw Hart a couple of days ago.  Faith was at the Logan nest for pretty much all day today and never saw anyone else.  Maybe the peregrines know something we don't.  I know the migration sites are up and running - in Boise Idaho, they had 475 raptors go through their site on September 1st.  Seems early to me, but may have to check previous years' records to be sure.  Maybe Winter is Coming sooner than we'd like.

(sorry about the Game of Thrones pun, haven't been watching the series but I do know some of the catchphrases!)

Yes, maybe the peregrines do know something we don't.

I’ll try to think more positive, TPC. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

And a little laughter is helpful at times, I believe.  :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2017, 17:53 »
So sad to read about Beaumont.  :'(

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2017, 05:51 »

We always look forward to hearing about the adventures of our falcons. It is so sad to learn about the end to those adventures.  :( :'(

Offline birdbrain

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2017, 23:14 »
Sad news, thanks for posting.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2017, 20:22 »

:'( :'( :'(

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2017, 13:35 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2017, 23:06 »

I think Faith is just lonely and Logan is where she last had company.  Haven't seen any of the other birds around since I saw Hart a couple of days ago.  Faith was at the Logan nest for pretty much all day today and never saw anyone else.  Maybe the peregrines know something we don't.  I know the migration sites are up and running - in Boise Idaho, they had 475 raptors go through their site on September 1st.  Seems early to me, but may have to check previous years' records to be sure.  Maybe Winter is Coming sooner than we'd like.

(sorry about the Game of Thrones pun, haven't been watching the series but I do know some of the catchphrases!)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2017, 19:02 »
Definite floozy.  With a capital Flooz.

Faith is back at the Logan site, sitting and preening in the shade like she's waiting for her boyfriend to arrive ... hmmm, sounds like this spring in reverse ....

I'm being a bit unfair to poor Faith, she doesn't actually have a nestbox at the moment, we had to move it out of the way at West Winnipeg so they could do work on the roof in that corner of the building.  Hoping to get it back in place before the snow flies though.

Poor Ty and Faith. I know you had to move their nestbox, TPC, but I imagine their missing home could be affecting them quite a bit!? (You mentioned Ty hasn’t been seen on the cam lately, but he could have noticed that his nest disappeared.)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2017, 19:11 »
Faith is hanging out in the shade at the Logan nest site today ... brave or stupid I'm not sure ... but she's checking out real estate around town. 

Seems like she may be the only bird around at the moment, haven't seen anyone, anywhere for the last couple of days at least.  Faith was in the Logan nest tray yesterday for a short visit too ....
I think our birds are still around; they’re likely just out of sight (I hope!).

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2017, 13:20 »
Faith is hanging out in the shade at the Logan nest site today ... brave or stupid I'm not sure ... but she's checking out real estate around town. 

Seems like she may be the only bird around at the moment, haven't seen anyone, anywhere for the last couple of days at least.  Faith was in the Logan nest tray yesterday for a short visit too ....

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2017, 12:40 »
There was a lone chick up on the wall yesterday. It may have had red tape on its right leg, did not give us a really good look.