Author Topic: Fargo - 2017 / Annie  (Read 2892 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Fargo - 2017 / Annie
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 16:35 »
New story from North Dakota - http://www.kvrr.com/2017/06/20/audubon-dakota-monitoring-area-peregrine-falcons/

Nothing wrong with the reporter but I'm not sure the Audubon Dakota rep knows much about peregrines based on his replies.  Perhaps he was pitch-hitting for the person who is the expert.  These are the folks who have successfully/unsuccessfully run the camera in Fargo the last few years.  I haven't ever been able to get them to respond to queries about the birds, nest, cam or anything so I'm afraid I don't have any knowledge of them or their operations ... well other than they are not good at responding to information requests and in this case, don't seem to particularly invested in finding out if Annie is injured or not - even if they can't do anything about it.  But maybe I'm being too harsh and they are working on it as we speak ... time will tell I guess.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 16:18 »
Oh no  :'( :'(

Don't panic yet, heard back from one of my contacts and they are as undecided as I am about the report so hang in there ... :)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 15:20 »
Oh no  :'( :'(

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 12:47 »
RCF found a note about Annie maybe having injured his foot in Fargo.  Information is a bit brief though ...

One of KFGO - Fargo's nesting peregrine falcons injured - survival in doubt  

RCF will undoubtedly be keeping an eye out for more information in the media (she finds them very quickly) and I have a couple of emails out to folks I know who might have information or might even be able to check on him for us.

More information as we have it ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 15:57 »
Bit more information, apparently there were a pair here and it looked like they were setting up shop at the right time this spring ... but since then, all we've been able to glean is that Annie is there now, about the time that there should be chicks to band.  Miracle his mate from previous years is in Moorhead MN with Walsh now, so if Annie has another ladyfriend, we have no information on her. 

I've got a couple more contacts to check with, might have a bit more information later ....

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Fargo - 2017 / Annie
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:29 »
This site is notoriously difficult to get information on/about since Wick Corwin stopped being the go-to guy in Fargo.  Then it was the Audubon and they had trouble with their webcam, which is always time-consuming and troublesome, but it had a blog or updates of a sort even when the cam wasn't working.  Last couple of years, no cam, no nothing and precious little information being shared.  I would understand it if the nestsite were in a new location or had security issues - we have those and sometimes it is just necessary to share only what one can.  The Fargo nest, if it is still on the Bank of the West building, is not new or unknown and I really wish they would just post updates.

Rant over - Annie was ID'd by his leg band in Fargo recently.  No news if he is still at Bank of the West, if he has a lady friend or if he has chicks.  I can say that Miracle is also still down that way, just not at the Bank of the West.  Don't know who either Annie's or Miracle's mates are.  Do know that Miracle has chicks though.  Just don't have more details than that.

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/874287722357297152