Author Topic: Logan - 2016 / Hart & Jolicoeur  (Read 17541 times)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Logan - 2016 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 16:04 »
Spotted two birds in the West Winnipeg area in the early afternoon.

Bird on the southeast corner of the Bleachers

Bird on the southwest corner of the Diner

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 15:03 »
For the moment I am going to continue to post here since we have confirmed Hart's identity at the West Winnipeg nestsite ... but since Ty and Beatrix aren't home yet and we don't know who his lady friend is, we are going to keep him and his roaming here ... if he takes over somewhere else, I will move this thread en masse to wherever it needs to be ...

So yes, our Roaming male is Hart ... and since he's a Radisson kid, I know why he looked so comfy on the ledge trying to stare down Smiley.  Smart enough to move along when Smiley asserted his claim on the Radisson and neither bird looks worse the wear from the skirmish I saw at the hotel.  If Hart does keep hanging out at West Winnipeg, he may get the same "hello" from Ty, who we suspect is willing to assert his claim with less restraint than Smiley did.  Both Smiley and Hart are pretty laid back, Ty is very much his father, Trey's, son.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 14:13 »
Hart may be back, may have seen him rooting around in the West Wpg nestbox ... had a female with him but she didn't look familiar and I only saw her very briefly on camera.  Didn't look like Joli or Beatrix.  Did have bands from what I could see and the important one for our purposes looked dark - but whether it is black or black/red, I can't really say for sure ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Logan - 2016 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:57 »
Dennis spotted a bird with what looks like a black band near the Logan site but he was just passing through the area on his way to photograph owls (darn owls!  ;) :P)

Might be Hart or Ty, Beatrix, Sundance, Kelly, Spencer or even someone else like Hurricane or Brooklyn or Andamooka before they head west or even Bridtol if Terminator has returned or Annie if he's decided to explore new horizons (not very likely I don't think) or it could be someone else entirely ... the fun begins ...  8)