Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2018 / A Death in the Family - Beatrix (2011-2018)  (Read 34608 times)

Offline Monarch

• Hatchling
Re: Beatrix - 2011-18
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2018, 14:09 »
I just read the blog on Beatrix and sitting at my desk at work with tears in my eyes.. so sad

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2018, 18:57 »
Thank you for your blog on Beatrix, TPC. I know how much she meant to the Project, and I'm so sorry for your loss; my thoughts are with you and Dennis.

Beatrix leaves me with many fond memories. Thank you to those who have shared their photos and videos. I will always remember when Beatrix was rescued from the bottom of a smokestack in Winnipeg, and I’ll remember the gentle way that Kathy Rogers handled her and tried everything she could to ease her stress; they seemed to have a special connection.

I’m very saddened to hear that it had to end this way for our Beatrix. Thank you to Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre and to everyone who tried their best to help her.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2018, 13:49 »
you just never know where they will  turn up, so my fingers are crossed. it took 3 years for M49(squeak) jolies daughte( born 2014), to turn up in Edmonton at Bell. I wish she was at a better site but she has a great male,. the male is radissons grandson so princesses, great grand son.

I did not see Beatrix fly but grew attached to  her perseverance. but I did visit jolie, and she captivated me.

so we never know.

hoping for a great season in Winnipeg this year. you will have many new dynamics but  we never forget the great ones,
many hugs here for all who watch at these sites.  :-*

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2018, 16:31 »
Such sad news.  :'(

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2018, 18:59 »
I've added a longer post about Beatrix on the blog that includes some photos from Dennis, Rogers Wildlife in Texas and PWRC here.  And courtesy of RCF, two videos of Beatrix & her brothers at the Radisson from 2011 (Thanks RCF!!)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2018, 01:33 »
With Bristol's and Beamont's deaths this year, I despair that we won't see any of Beatrix's offspring showing off their inheritance.  We've had no word of Bishop or Belle from her nest with Beau or about Tiggy and Tuppence from her nest with Ty.  And nothing about her brothers Carson and Cade.  Maybe Bridget (who is banded) or Sam and Starr (who aren't) might survive and surprise us all in a couple of years ... but for me it is just too soon after Beatrix's loss to be hopeful.

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2018, 23:45 »
Just read the sad news. Thank you TPC, Dennis, rehab centers, et al for your care and dedication. You worked so hard.

I had really hoped that even if she couldn't be released, that she and Beau would be able to have more awesome chicks.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2018, 23:19 »
I really expected that Beatrix would one day take over the Radisson site from Princess. How sad that can never happen, despite all the efforts from so many to get her well.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2018, 18:08 »
Oh no! 
Beatrix's story has been fascinating to follow, and it is so sad to hear there couldn't be a happy ending.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2018, 15:21 »
I am deeply saddened by this. we know we will loose birds at our sites, but we all hoped beyond hopes for Beatrix.

she was a real trooper and gave her all.
thank you to the rehab and to you Tracy, and to the folks in Texas that cared for her. It always takes a village to keep these fabulous raptors safe.

words cannot truly express how I feel . May your spirit soar high now Beatrix  :-*

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2018, 12:24 »
Such sad news about Beatrix  :'( we will miss her

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2018, 05:20 »
 :'( Sad and heartbreaking news about Beatrix. My thanks to the Rogers Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, Kathy Rogers, Wildlife Rehabilitation Center and you, TPC for the care she was given in an effort to restore her to full health so she could be released and resume her life as a bird of prey.  :(

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2018, 19:07 »
Just saw the Twitter Update.  So sad, can't say the Project and the Rehab facilities didn't give her an honest try..

May She forever soar above the Rainbow Bridge

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Beatrix Rescued in Texas
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2018, 16:36 »
I'm so sorry Tracy.  Heartbreaking news.  Thank you for all your efforts to save her.  Fly free sweet girl  :'(

• Administrator
  • Old Bird