Author Topic: Netherlands / De Mortel - 2016-19  (Read 8654 times)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Netherlands / De Mortel - 2016 / Spikkel-VM & Miep-VieVie
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:26 »

2nd chick hatched April 27, so lots of enjoyable videos today. :D

Here's a direct link to the Peregrine Movies:

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/filmpjes?filter=bird_slechtvalk&sort=created_at&search=

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 01:41 »
Copy of latest blog from VWG Gemert dated 04/26/2016:

The first young hatched and how!

Yesterday it was already clear that it would not be long before the first pup would crawl out of the egg. The female was last night 'high' on her eggs.

Early this morning she would not leave her clutch and we saw several times how the male tried to sit on the hatching eggs. All morning VM tried to get the female of the clutch. He pushed under her, hit his wings over her, lay down beside her, but nothing worked! Both parent birds heard peeping chicks from the eggs and we saw that both parents were communicating back.

Very special to see that these two relatively young peregrines have such a strong bond with each other but also with their future offspring. I am involved from the start in the peregrine falcons on the tower of De Mortel but strong pair bond and urge both parent birds I have not previously observed. Normally leave the male the female alone when the eggs hatch stand ?but this man wanted to experience up close. He came several times in the cupboard but got no chance. When the young from the egg came, he was there again as the chickens, but now he wanted to see the young and VV pushed just from the nest. Very nice for all of this to be able to see through the cams and most extraordinary how both parent birds interact with each other and the clutch.

The I wonder how they are going to care for and raise the young together, it will be fixed very beautiful special moments.

BDL 2016 peregrine falcons, every year different!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 13:15 by burdi »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 01:34 »
1st egg hatched today, and VM insisted on helping with the eggs and chick right alongside VV!

You can see this for yourself by watching the video called First Chick (EERSTE KUIKEN!). :D

Link to site including Cams and Videos:

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/vogel/slechtvalk

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 13:13 by burdi »

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 23:40 »
Miep-VieVie and Spikkel-VM have four eggs. I think Spikkel-VM has made some progress this year, since I have seen him taking his turn incubating. I don't know whether or not he is bringing food for Miep-VieVie, since I have not seen that happen, but I did see him having a meal on the roof while Miep-VieVie was incubating, which means he is at least hunting for himself this year.

The eggs are being incubated with great dedication and are rarely visible.

I did catch a shift change today; the four eggs were uncovered for only a moment.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 09:39 »
I love this cam. Thanks for posting, Alison.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Netherlands / De Mortel - 2016-19
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:36 »
Miep-VieVie laid her first egg today.

http://www.vwggemertslechtvalk.nl/