Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2016 / Chase & Radisson  (Read 13987 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2016 / Chase & Radisson
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 00:47 »
JUne 4

Chase was on cam yesterday and day before

WE have been checking in on them regularly, after seeing them today, I am sure there will be a hatch by morning. Thye are doing well and have weathered rain well in new spot

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2016, 08:44 »
May 30

things are going well so far for RAdison and  Chase. We are keeping as close an eye as we can. we try and get there twice a week and will try for more this week.

expect hatch  this week . do not know how many. have had lots of rain so hopefully they have kept them nice an dry.

We have seen chase and RAdisson around U of A  site during breaks. They are maintaining territory so far :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2016, 08:43 »
will go over to Bell and weber and post updates

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 08:43 »
sorry, for not updating . did not know you were worried. Between my personal life commitments and monitoring our nests, very busy

things are going very well for RAdissohn and Chase. they do make it U of A most days . chase is holding on to the territory. Just as long as he does not get  hurt in process.

the fires are not close to us, but I am sure a kit of wildlife has suffered.

these are pictures of chase from yesterday when he visited U of A

these are pictures Jean got of radisson  on may4 during one of her visits

chase at box may7

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 18:43 »

3 out of 4 nests have problems

I’m so sorry to hear of the problems you’re dealing with. This must be very difficult for all involved.

Stay safe Chase and Radisson. :-*

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 14:08 »
TY TPC
There is way to much going on in our skies. And they all seem to be linked to each nest in some way , shape or form.

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 10:18 »
Radisson and Chase are fine, where their nest is.
As you all know what is happening in FT Mac our minds and thoughts and eyes are glued to the news.
We are having battles at the Bell and may have lost our male. The eggs were removed yesterday by Dr Court. We just hope that if the male has made it, that he does not go over to the U of A site. Radisson and Chase both go over there on their breaks to keep the area.
For all that know Bev, she is drained right now.
3 out of 4 nests have problems
Princess's granddaughter is doing well at the Weber with 4 eggs.
Green Girl is so beautiful to watch and DO1 is a great partner for her.

I've also put the relevant information in the Weber & Bell threads so we don't get too confused  ;)  TPC

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 07:56 »
According to Yahoo Maps it is 436.94 Kilometers.  They have evacuation centres set up here for people so I would say they would be safe.  The extension of the fire(s) is a concern for everyone.  And all the wildlife and (people) will be displaced for sometime.   :'(

I am very concerned about the safety of this nest. What is the distance between the nest and the raging fires in Fort McMurray? I hope for a positive update.

Nest is safe.  Edmonton to Fort Mac is >400 km by car (twice as far as Brandon from Winnipeg) - straight line distance (as the peregrine flies) is 375 km, so not that much closer.  As an added bonus, there is a huge firebreak around Edmonton - about 90km of agricultural land north of the City (as I recall) so the fires would have to come 200-300 km south, then run across a lot of agricultural land (less fuel and easier for firefighters to access) before it got to Radisson & Chase in Edmonton.  And Bev, Mr Bev and Soaring West who are watching over them.

Bev, Mr Bev (hey Peter) and Soaring West can correct me if my memory and km counts are off.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 16:16 »
Thanks for providing this information, TPC. It puts my concerns to rest.  :-*

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 15:24 »
I am very concerned about the safety of this nest. What is the distance between the nest and the raging fires in Fort McMurray? I hope for a positive update.

Nest is safe.  Edmonton to Fort Mac is >400 km by car (twice as far as Brandon from Winnipeg) - straight line distance (as the peregrine flies) is 375 km, so not that much closer.  As an added bonus, there is a huge firebreak around Edmonton - about 90km of agricultural land north of the City (as I recall) so the fires would have to come 200-300 km south, then run across a lot of agricultural land (less fuel and easier for firefighters to access) before it got to Radisson & Chase in Edmonton.  And Bev, Mr Bev and Soaring West who are watching over them.

Bev, Mr Bev (hey Peter) and Soaring West can correct me if my memory and km counts are off.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 13:18 »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 17:08 »

I sure hope intruders stay away. Unfortunately, keeping both sites safe will now require twice the work for Chase and Radisson.

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 10:15 »
thanks Bev for the ID. Radisson is safe and  is sitting on eggs. And we will be sly as a fox keeping a eye on them from a distance. We still have a intruder in the area and Chase is keeping a watchful eye on it.(female is the guess).

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 19:17 »
positively id now

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 14:32 »

At least it's good to hear they've been located.