Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2016 / Chase & Radisson  (Read 14070 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2016 / Chase & Radisson
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2016, 12:17 »
I have been away on private matters but will come in later today with some nice photos and videos

the kids as we knew would happen have been traveling back and forth between bridge and U of A

will be back. stay tuned

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2016, 11:11 »
Great news from the Bev team all chicks for U of A and Weber (8) were accounted for after yesterdays rain. Soon, Radisson and Chase's chicks will fledge at any moment.

That's super nice news to hear! Thank you for letting us know. :)

Hope they all fledge safely!

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2016, 10:50 »
Great news from the Bev team all chicks for U of A and Weber (8) were accounted for after yesterdays rain. Soon, Radisson and Chase's chicks will fledge at any moment.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2016, 04:39 »
had the great Friday night watching the chicks at U of A. I only saw 3 birds and a parent fly in for just a second and took off to the north. On Saturday, I saw Radisson sitting on the roof edge, then a juvie flew in for a talking to mom. :)

Thank you for watching and reporting, Soaring West. I’m happy to hear you’re seeing them. :)

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2016, 10:01 »
 had the great Friday night watching the chicks at U of A. I only saw 3 birds and a parent fly in for just a second and took off to the north. On Saturday, I saw Radisson sitting on the roof edge, then a juvie flew in for a talking to mom. :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 00:10 »
4 chicks! Great news, bev! :D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2016, 14:41 »
well one of my watchers , wen tot take a peek the other day adn we have 4 chicks. We have had lots of rian an high winds so hope all stay safe :-*

Four chicks! That’s great news, Bev. I hope they stay safe.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2016, 17:22 »
well one of my watchers , wen tot take a peek the other day adn we have 4 chicks. We have had lots of rian an high winds so hope all stay safe :-*

Good news about the four chicks!  The weather hasn't been all that good for our flying friends out that way!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2016, 13:14 »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2016, 23:53 »
june19

WE have 3 chicks . so I think my observations were quite close
I think first hatch was either evening of June 3 or morning June 4

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 22:53 »
Peter and I and piffle wen t down at noon on Friday, june9. we saw both peregrines and Radisson was brooding kids. it has been cold dn rianing so hav e not been able to catch Radisson feeding gto see kids.

but a friend and her husband went down to see them last night, JUnd13 and confirmed, 3 kids.  We sespected that she had dropped and egg and so did Gord, so 3 it is.

chase is up to his tricks of bringing food and then aas Radussib tries to retrieve it , there is a tug of War. things do nto change LOL

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2016, 19:46 »
june5

Pete and i had the grand kids yesterday, but I managed to get some time to do some watching. We have at least one hatch yesterday. We were at our spot at about 1 pm . Radisson was sitting high, that was the first sign for me.  then in came Chase . He got some prey and brought it to nest but Chase being Chase , played tug a war with RAdisson, as she  reached for it. We have seen this many times at U of A. Chase won. He ate  a bit and then stashed it not too far away from  nest area. I watched him show off and then roost for a bit Did nto have time to watch him take it back.

WE will try and go again tomorrow. it will be a few days before we know about how many.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 15:51 »
Yes, Radisson and Chase are a great, well experienced pair! (Thanks for the memories, TPC.)

I'm just wondering if they have a roof in their new nest (or not), since I haven't heard. (I could have missed it though.)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 13:39 »
Bev, you say they have weathered the rain well, so I have to wonder if they have a roof or not; you've also mentioned a possible hatch tomorrow, so I'm wondering how well you're able to see them. 

Peregrines have been surviving rain without roofs for most of their lives.  Not always as we know, but they do well so long as it is just rain not biblical deluge.  Joli has never had a roof and she's never lost a chick to rain - that's 14/15 (still don't know how many we have this year) chicks out of 15 eggs.  Princess has managed to raise chicks on the east side ledge through rain (not deluges), snow, blizzards and ice-storms (remember Trey covered in ice yes?).  Radisson is an experienced, successful female and she's not as small as some of her sibs so even without a roof, she she should do very well.  Add to that she has an experienced familiar mate in Chase so they have all they need to do well - just pray for ordinary rain if rain there must be!!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 04:37 »
Thank you for checking in on them regularly.

Bev, you say they have weathered the rain well, so I have to wonder if they have a roof or not; you've also mentioned a possible hatch tomorrow, so I'm wondering how well you're able to see them.

Someday soon, I hope you will give us some idea of their whereabouts. :)