Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2016 / ? & ?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Tower Nest - 2016 / ? & ?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 18:54 »
Interesting that you should mention gulls RCF we have had similar sightings here.  guess they aren't quite ready to rely on pigeon - hopefully the south winds and warmer weather (theoretically) on its way in the next week and a bit will bring more interesting and appetizing dining

The landfill is just across the road, there are thousands of gulls there. I believe someone from Manitoba Birds reported they saw around six thousand of them on April 7th.  :)

Holy cats, that's more seagulls than I'd want to live beside  :o... unless I was a peregrine of course  ;D

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 16:51 »
Interesting that you should mention gulls RCF we have had similar sightings here.  guess they aren't quite ready to rely on pigeon - hopefully the south winds and warmer weather (theoretically) on its way in the next week and a bit will bring more interesting and appetizing dining

The landfill is just across the road, there are thousands of gulls there. I believe someone from Manitoba Birds reported they saw around six thousand of them on April 7th.  :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 01:33 »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
Tower Nest - 2016 / ? & ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 20:54 »
Besides having two falcons at the McKenzie, building there is one here also. :)  I saw it eating on the catwalk at the top of the tower. It had a very large crop, so eating well...probably a gull because there are lots out that way.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:45 by RCF »