Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tower Nest - 2016 / ? & ?  (Read 1323 times)
RCF
Phanatic
Old Bird

« on: April 08, 2016, 20:54 »

Besides having two falcons at the McKenzie, building there is one here also. Smiley  I saw it eating on the catwalk at the top of the tower. It had a very large crop, so eating well...probably a gull because there are lots out that way.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 00:18 by RCF » Logged
The Peregrine Chick
Administrator
Old Bird

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 01:33 »

Interesting that you should mention gulls RCF we have had similar sightings here.  guess they aren't quite ready to rely on pigeon - hopefully the south winds and warmer weather (theoretically) on its way in the next week and a bit will bring more interesting and appetizing dining
RCF
Phanatic
Old Bird

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 16:51 »

Interesting that you should mention gulls RCF we have had similar sightings here.  guess they aren't quite ready to rely on pigeon - hopefully the south winds and warmer weather (theoretically) on its way in the next week and a bit will bring more interesting and appetizing dining

The landfill is just across the road, there are thousands of gulls there. I believe someone from Manitoba Birds reported they saw around six thousand of them on April 7th.  Smiley
The Peregrine Chick
Administrator
Old Bird

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 18:54 »

The landfill is just across the road, there are thousands of gulls there. I believe someone from Manitoba Birds reported they saw around six thousand of them on April 7th.  Smiley

Holy cats, that's more seagulls than I'd want to live beside  Shocked... unless I was a peregrine of course  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: