Author Topic: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess  (Read 38224 times)

Online GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2017, 14:08 »
I seem to be having a feeling of deja vu. Although I am able to view the cam/Princess, I have no sound. This was an issue last year. I could not view until I downloaded Google Chrome. I am still on GC with no problem except the sound.  IE for me needs to be updated through our computer tech. Princess is basking in the sun/shade.  :)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2017, 21:33 »
We are working on the sound but may not be available as we are using YouTube Live to host the cam this year.  Advantage is that the streaming is much more solid than in the last few years and YouTube is viewable on pretty much every platform. Shaw and I are still  on a bit of a learning curve with the new software - and we are still working on the sound.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2017, 22:29 »
Thanks TPC!  I just wanted to make sure the problem was not with my computer.  I love being able to see the birds and can live without sound.  If I want to hear the kakking and chupping that I love, I can watch another cam with sound ;)

Thanks for all the work you and Dennis do to keep us connected to each other and informed about the birds  :-*

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2017, 06:52 »
For those that are NEW to the forum or for those that haven't checked out Peregrines 2017 this is the link.
More photos will be added when available.

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2017

Cheers !
Dennis

Online Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2017, 07:40 »
Just checked in to see the web cam and was surprised that no one is on the eggs so early in the morning.

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2017, 13:54 »
It's great to have the forum back. Something was sadly missing from my life without it. And now, the cam is so clear and easy to watch.

I don't write in often but I do love to read everyone's updates.

Happy Egg Watching and a great Mother's Day in waiting to all our Peregrines.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2017, 11:35 »
Trying something new ... may make it easier not to forget to share information in both locations ... might also put all tweets in a single thread - a one-stop shop if you like.

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/864519352976060417

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2017, 13:19 »
Princess looks so bored - She's been playing with the pebbles a lot when I check in on her these past few days.  ;D - What a good Mom she is.  :-*

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2017, 13:48 »
Princess looks so bored - She's been playing with the pebbles a lot when I check in on her these past few days.  ;D - What a good Mom she is.  :-*

She's been interesting to watch this year - she's been happy to get all the way inside, get all arranged (takes her less time to do that than some of the newbies) and then immediately goes to sleep.  She is so much more relaxed it seems to me this year.  Maybe it is age or maybe some zen is what Pip is bringing to their personality as a pair.  Will be interesting to see how it goes when the eggs hatch.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2017, 21:10 »
I haven't been able to get the cam at work this year which means I'm not able to watch during the day :'(

Has Pip been doing much egg-sitting? 

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2017, 07:29 »
I haven't been able to get the cam at work this year which means I'm not able to watch during the day :'(

Your work place blocks YouTube? If it doesn't you can go direct to the YouTube page and watch the cam from there.  If you need help send me a pm

Pip so far is doing great!  He hopped on the eggs shortly after incubation started like he'd been doing it for years.  And he's been doing 1/4 to 1/3 of the incubating since then. He reminded me of Beatrix her first year nesting - they both make it look easy - will be interesting to see how he does when the eggs hatch.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12 »

Did you try the 'Right Click' on black screen - go to 'Encoding' and unclick 'Unicode' - that works for me at work. :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2017, 18:26 »
Thanks for the tips, TPC and Bally.  I'll try both tomorrow!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/865596342206308352

I've spoken before about how each bird has its own personality but that each pair has a personality as well? Well it seems like this year's pair at the Radisson is very laid back.  Given that this is Pip's first year nesting, I honestly thought Princess would be a bit more possessive of egg time and that he'd be a bit more of a rookie.  So far, it doesn't look like either is the case and the pair of them together is like a smooth oiled machine.  Makes me think of her partnership with Trey a bit.  Really looking forward to seeing how many eggs hatch and how Pip does as a dad, not only with the chick-rearing but the hunting as well.  And if he is a neat-freak like Trey, he's definitely a keeper!!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09 »
Oh yes hopefully Pip is neater than Smiley was!  :P - Maybe Princess is gladly accepting the help as she gets on in years and less energetic? . 'Been there, done that' so many times now that she's not so fussy any more.  ;D

Looking forward to seeing the fluffies appear in a week or so!!  8)

(Sure would be great to know what happened to Ivy - and Smiley - they just don't show up and our reliable Princess has to do 'Musical Chairs' with her baby daddies.)  ;D ???