Author Topic: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess  (Read 85450 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2017, 10:01 »
Last few quiet days for Princess and Pip - we think hatching should begin Sunday/Monday if Logan's 33 day incubation is a good indicator - only time will tell.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing what these two are like as parents.  It would be nice for Princess to have a really competent (or quick learning) mate at her age - will help make all the work so much easier!!

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/867756884375285761

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2017, 12:01 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/866337799980580865

To see bigger image, click on the link below the tweet

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2017, 10:51 »
::) I have seen Princess doing a lot of shuggling this week. Just checked again. Chicks must be getting in position.  ::)

Not expecting this little crew to appear until after the 26th ... but who knows, if anyone knows how to "bake" an egg, it's Princess  ;D

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2017, 09:28 »
 ::) I have seen Princess doing a lot of shuggling this week. Just checked again. Chicks must be getting in position.  ::)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2017, 22:11 »

Your work place blocks YouTube? If it doesn't you can go direct to the YouTube page and watch the cam from there.  If you need help send me a pm

I can get the cam on YouTube at work, TPC!  Thanks for the tip.  And the full-screen option works there!
Now I just have to get people to stop expecting me to do my job until after the kids have fledged ;D

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2017, 11:53 »
I check the forum often, TPC! I'm just lurking! Excitement builds for hatches.  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2017, 11:24 »
It is has been weird having the camera on for so long ahead of the hatching ... so quiet on the forum, so quiet on the camera for so long ... I honestly didn't think I'd notice any difference because we've been watching the birds for a couple of months now but it really does.  So Pip is not the only creature of habit it seems ...  ::)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2017, 11:22 »
Pip appears to be a creature of habit - I have yet to catch him getting or on the eggs facing the camera ... now its becoming a bit of a thing and I'm going to have to go back and comb through the recordings ...

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/865965248049762304

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2017, 13:14 »
I found that I cannot view the video using Internet Explorer, but I can see it with Google Chrome.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09 »
Oh yes hopefully Pip is neater than Smiley was!  :P - Maybe Princess is gladly accepting the help as she gets on in years and less energetic? . 'Been there, done that' so many times now that she's not so fussy any more.  ;D

Looking forward to seeing the fluffies appear in a week or so!!  8)

(Sure would be great to know what happened to Ivy - and Smiley - they just don't show up and our reliable Princess has to do 'Musical Chairs' with her baby daddies.)  ;D ???

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2017, 10:57 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/865596342206308352

I've spoken before about how each bird has its own personality but that each pair has a personality as well? Well it seems like this year's pair at the Radisson is very laid back.  Given that this is Pip's first year nesting, I honestly thought Princess would be a bit more possessive of egg time and that he'd be a bit more of a rookie.  So far, it doesn't look like either is the case and the pair of them together is like a smooth oiled machine.  Makes me think of her partnership with Trey a bit.  Really looking forward to seeing how many eggs hatch and how Pip does as a dad, not only with the chick-rearing but the hunting as well.  And if he is a neat-freak like Trey, he's definitely a keeper!!

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2017, 18:26 »
Thanks for the tips, TPC and Bally.  I'll try both tomorrow!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12 »
I haven't been able to get the cam at work this year which means I'm not able to watch during the day :'(

Has Pip been doing much egg-sitting?

Did you try the 'Right Click' on black screen - go to 'Encoding' and unclick 'Unicode' - that works for me at work. :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2017, 07:29 »
I haven't been able to get the cam at work this year which means I'm not able to watch during the day :'(

Your work place blocks YouTube? If it doesn't you can go direct to the YouTube page and watch the cam from there.  If you need help send me a pm

Pip so far is doing great!  He hopped on the eggs shortly after incubation started like he'd been doing it for years.  And he's been doing 1/4 to 1/3 of the incubating since then. He reminded me of Beatrix her first year nesting - they both make it look easy - will be interesting to see how he does when the eggs hatch.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2017, 21:10 »