Author Topic: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess  (Read 85379 times)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2017, 10:11 »
haha - What a great shot!!  ;D - 2 chicks expressing their opinions on the banding experience.  :P

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2017, 05:05 »
Thanks TPC for your update. Another biter???? Hope you kept your thumbs tucked in! Thought I would check in to see the little Royals. Princess nearly blocks the view after bringing in pre-breakfast. Great to see the chicks "cutting" up their own meal and feeding themselves. However :'(, ones thoughts go to the time left to watch their journey to fledging. Looking forward to banding photos, Dennis!  ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2017, 01:16 »

Thank you for your update and the beautiful photo by Dennis, TPC.

I'm happy to hear the chicks are well and that Pip tried to comfort Princess - how sweet of him ♥ - wish I could have seen that!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2017, 22:34 »
Hey Folks - busy day today so apologies for being late reporting.  Yes today was banding day at the Radisson , the youngest chick was 22 days old so old enough to get his bling -and yes the smallest one is a male, the other 2 females.  Princess was In fine form and interesting Pip was off hunting or some such and arrived late - bit like his dad Hart - but when he did arrive he was immediately trying to comfort Princess which was sweet and in character from what I've seen.  Chicks were all great - one female likes to bite and all three have very fast feet - good reflexes in a peregrine. And the little boy is definitely isn't losing out to his sisters at mealtime so no worries there.

Dennis has only just started on his photos so should have one or two shortly to share and the rest will be available on his blog/gallery soon enough. 😊

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2017, 13:20 »
I have been checking back to see Princess with lunch for the little darlings. I must have missed her, all I saw was a poop shoot. Thanks for that!  ::)

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55 »
I watched the chicknapping as well.  Saw their new bling when they were returned, and boy were they screaming.  I, too, think it is 2 females and 1 male.  TPC should let us know soon.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2017, 11:15 »
I just saw a pair of hands "chicknap" a confused chick. TPC, was that you? Is today banding day for our Radisson Royal chicks? 2 females 1 male???????
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:37 by GCG »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2017, 16:06 »
It's NUTS how fast they grow.  :o - Starting to show their feathers too - soon all the white fluffy stuff will be gone. I sometimes wonder if it hurts to grow that fast. ...lol... ;D

Offline Monarch

• Hatchling
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2017, 11:15 »
I just looked at the live cam...they are growing so quickly now.   :D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2017, 10:17 »
Going to see if I can't clean off that lens a bit at banding time .... hoped it was just moisture from all the rain ... maybe not though ...

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/877959503341391872

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline birdbrain

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2017, 20:17 »
It's fun watching the chicks as they are starting to get more active now, but still so fluffy and cute!  I was wondering TPC do you notice a difference in banding when you have an experienced mother like Princess?  I mean are they calmer than the newer mothers, because they know what you are doing will not hurt their chicks or do they still tend to get really upset?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #235 on: June 19, 2017, 18:29 »
Any news on whether we'll get the 'Outdoor Terrace' view this year?  ??? ;D

That's the plan but it is tied to the repairs on the recorder - without the recorder we can't remotely access the cameras at the nestbox - the sky-cam and the balcony-cam for sure - the ledge-cam will need to be replaced so likely not as we can't do work on it while the chicks are in the box for chick-safety reasons.  If we cant get the ledge cam to work we'll try to keep track of the with the skycam if we can ...