Author Topic: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess  (Read 38214 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

Online GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2017, 11:15 »
I just saw a pair of hands "chicknap" a confused chick. TPC, was that you? Is today banding day for our Radisson Royal chicks? 2 females 1 male???????
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:37 by GCG »

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55 »
I watched the chicknapping as well.  Saw their new bling when they were returned, and boy were they screaming.  I, too, think it is 2 females and 1 male.  TPC should let us know soon.

Online GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2017, 13:20 »
I have been checking back to see Princess with lunch for the little darlings. I must have missed her, all I saw was a poop shoot. Thanks for that!  ::)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2017, 22:34 »
Hey Folks - busy day today so apologies for being late reporting.  Yes today was banding day at the Radisson , the youngest chick was 22 days old so old enough to get his bling -and yes the smallest one is a male, the other 2 females.  Princess was In fine form and interesting Pip was off hunting or some such and arrived late - bit like his dad Hart - but when he did arrive he was immediately trying to comfort Princess which was sweet and in character from what I've seen.  Chicks were all great - one female likes to bite and all three have very fast feet - good reflexes in a peregrine. And the little boy is definitely isn't losing out to his sisters at mealtime so no worries there.

Dennis has only just started on his photos so should have one or two shortly to share and the rest will be available on his blog/gallery soon enough. 😊

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2017, 01:16 »

Thank you for your update and the beautiful photo by Dennis, TPC.

I'm happy to hear the chicks are well and that Pip tried to comfort Princess - how sweet of him ♥ - wish I could have seen that!

Online GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2017, 05:05 »
Thanks TPC for your update. Another biter???? Hope you kept your thumbs tucked in! Thought I would check in to see the little Royals. Princess nearly blocks the view after bringing in pre-breakfast. Great to see the chicks "cutting" up their own meal and feeding themselves. However :'(, ones thoughts go to the time left to watch their journey to fledging. Looking forward to banding photos, Dennis!  ;D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2017, 10:11 »
haha - What a great shot!!  ;D - 2 chicks expressing their opinions on the banding experience.  :P

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Online GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2017, 14:45 »
These chicks are growing and developing faster than I, for one, want to see. I am now watching them wingercising. Too soon. When you chicknapped them yesterday for banding, did Eye Spy have a chance to check the cameras for our patio and promenade viewing? ???

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2017, 14:51 »
These chicks are growing and developing faster than I, for one, want to see. I am now watching them wingercising. Too soon. When you chicknapped them yesterday for banding, did Eye Spy have a chance to check the cameras for our patio and promenade viewing? ???

We are working on the skycam - the camera itself is fine but YouTube Live is having some trouble streaming the signal smoothly.  As for the one down at the end of the ledge, Eye-Spy is trying to source a replacement camera and if we can replace for this year we will, otherwise it will be something to look forward to next year!

Online GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2017, 15:28 »
Thanks for your response, TPC! I appreciate all you, Dennis and Eye Spy do for those of us in the forum, myself included.  :-*

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2017, 07:41 »
Princess...Minneapolis Minnesota hatch 2002.
Princess is now 15 years old and has been the resident female at the Radisson since 2004.
During this time she has had 4 mates...Trey, Ivy,Smiley and now Pip.
Recent photos are towards the end of the gallery...with more action photos of both Princess & Pip being added in the next few days so keep checking back.

Chick Banding Gallery has been added to the Radisson Gallery. 
  http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/radisson_2017
Cheers !
Dennis

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 07:42 by photosbydennis »

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2017, 14:08 »
thanks all - great news :)