Author Topic: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess  (Read 85548 times)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2017 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2017, 18:31 »
July 12 2017

Chicks flapping on the edge and then a parent shows up with food.  :)

Video ~ https://youtu.be/YzSqu_kTxDM

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2017, 14:14 »
You have an advantage, TPC, with three cams, while the rest of us can only view one.

That would be the logical assumption but actually, the little beggars manage to stay out of sight a lot!  And on both sides of the building!!!

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2017, 13:15 »
Oh boy, well I'm not surprised - a beautiful day for fledging I have to say. - Stay safe little un-named ones!!  :-*

(I still remember a few years ago when all the kids used to come back to the nest each evening - that was awesome.)  ;D

Hopefully we will again be treated with their nocturnal visits. Bringing "Lost" along.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2017, 12:21 »
Oh boy, well I'm not surprised - a beautiful day for fledging I have to say. - Stay safe little un-named ones!!  :-*

(I still remember a few years ago when all the kids used to come back to the nest each evening - that was awesome.)  ;D

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2017, 11:20 »
One is still there:

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #364 on: July 13, 2017, 11:12 »
Nope, other sister fledged late yesterday - that is little brother, he's been up and down the ledge by the nestbox and I think he may well have voluntarily fledged as well, but can't be sure as if he did, he did it off camera!  We'll see what he gets up to over the rest of the day.  And the accidentally fledged sister has found somewhere new to perch - can't find her on the building she was sticking to now.

I've got the skycam keeping an eye on the ledge, the balcony cam watching the balcony and the inside box came, well watching the inside of the box - theoretically if someone comes or goes we should see it!!

So other sister has fledged. I hope she is safe, wherever she is. In fact, I hope all three are safe. If lilttle brother fledged, it is very recent, since the image I posted was from about five minutes earlier. You have an advantage, TPC, with three cams, while the rest of us can only view one.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #363 on: July 13, 2017, 11:05 »
Nope, other sister fledged late yesterday - that is little brother, he's been up and down the ledge by the nestbox and I think he may well have voluntarily fledged as well, but can't be sure as if he did, he did it off camera!  We'll see what he gets up to over the rest of the day.  And the accidentally fledged sister has found somewhere new to perch - can't find her on the building she was sticking to now.

I've got the skycam keeping an eye on the ledge, the balcony cam watching the balcony and the inside box came, well watching the inside of the box - theoretically if someone comes or goes we should see it!!

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #362 on: July 13, 2017, 10:59 »
Still one on the balcony, but the other chick may very well be in the nest.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #361 on: July 13, 2017, 09:56 »
Yes, just one on cam now, unless the other one is on the part of the ledge that is out of camera shot - but I'll bet somebirde flew the coop! :o - Hope all went well and we have sightings!  :)

.....hmmm - Now they're both gone! ?  :-X
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 10:55 by ballywing »

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #360 on: July 13, 2017, 09:21 »
Did one fledge overnight? I have only seen one since this A.M.

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2017, 22:30 »
A good "normal" season!

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2017, 17:01 »
as of 1655h, one chick is outside on the box edge preening, other one is inside napping flat in front of the camera.  The not-lost-anymore chick is still nearby.  :D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #357 on: July 12, 2017, 16:21 »
I saw that too, Monarch and wondered if someone else had gone, but then I saw a little head peaking out from inside and they were both still there.  I'm guessing they're both inside now, napping and trying to stay out of the sun.  I hope so  ::)

Offline Monarch

• Hatchling
« Reply #356 on: July 12, 2017, 15:45 »
what happened to the chick, there is only one on the ledge.  Looks like that one is ready to take off :D

Offline Monarch

• Hatchling
« Reply #355 on: July 12, 2017, 14:42 »
it is flying by, seems like yesterday the chicks were little white puff balls, now look at them. Time passing too quickly!