Author Topic: Logan - 2017 / Hart & Jolicoeur  (Read 29269 times)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Logan - 2017 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2017, 18:21 »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2017, 11:57 »
Definite floozy.  With a capital Flooz.

Faith is back at the Logan site, sitting and preening in the shade like she's waiting for her boyfriend to arrive ... hmmm, sounds like this spring in reverse ....

I'm being a bit unfair to poor Faith, she doesn't actually have a nestbox at the moment, we had to move it out of the way at West Winnipeg so they could do work on the roof in that corner of the building.  Hoping to get it back in place before the snow flies though.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2017, 22:27 »
Not a sound or sign or anything anywhere at any of the sites and then hey presto, yelling female and then yelling male pop into the nestbox at Logan.  Pretty sure it was Hart but the female I think was Faith again ... wouldn't let me see her band well enough for band numbers and the box was in deep shade which made it just that much more difficult to ID her for sure.  Floozy  ::) ;D

;D

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2017, 20:19 »
  Floozy  ::) ;D

LOL  You are too funny, TPC

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2017, 15:08 »
Not a sound or sign or anything anywhere at any of the sites and then hey presto, yelling female and then yelling male pop into the nestbox at Logan.  Pretty sure it was Hart but the female I think was Faith again ... wouldn't let me see her band well enough for band numbers and the box was in deep shade which made it just that much more difficult to ID her for sure.  Floozy  ::) ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2017, 19:08 »

Saw a bird in the nest tray scraping yesterday and assumed because of its leg band colours that it was Joli - and I blamed the bright light (and therefore dark shade at the nest) for making the bird look darker so that it didn't really look like Joli.  Today however, I know it wasn't Joli, rather Faith from West Winnipeg doing a little snooping.  Haven't seen Hart or Joli for a while so can't say if they have left yet (too early based on history) or just off a-wandering (my suspicion).  Faith's brave, Joli doesn't share or play well with others ...

Very interesting! Thanks for the update, TPC.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2017, 13:17 »
Saw a bird in the nest tray scraping yesterday and assumed because of its leg band colours that it was Joli - and I blamed the bright light (and therefore dark shade at the nest) for making the bird look darker so that it didn't really look like Joli.  Today however, I know it wasn't Joli, rather Faith from West Winnipeg doing a little snooping.  Haven't seen Hart or Joli for a while so can't say if they have left yet (too early based on history) or just off a-wandering (my suspicion).  Faith's brave, Joli doesn't share or play well with others ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2017, 09:39 »
Spotted two of the girls not too far from the nestsite this morning - can't say which two girls but they were the same size, so could have been the surviving sisters or one of the sisters and their foster sister.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2017, 13:36 »
We've got one of the chicks hanging out in the shadiest part of the nestledge.  Looking at the top of the head, I think it might be the foster chick (can't see the bird's feet) based on the percentage of gold to brown on its head - the Logan chicks have more gold than I think I've seen on their heads, or on other chicks in town in the last few years.  Kind of pretty.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2017, 14:55 »
Two chicks back to nap in the shade on ledges near the nest-tray - one went immediately horizontal, other one has a nice spot with a just a wee bit of breeze ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2017, 09:27 »
Nice précis Dupre - and yes I will share more info on the foster's origins a bit later.  As time goes along and we get new pairs or new sites we run into new partnerships with property managers and we have to work out how the birds use a site. So while it will be unlikely that we will be as public as we are at the Radisson as we hope to be again in Brandon, we will continue to share information on other sites as we can without it interfering with our ability to help the peregrines nest (or not nest as they prefer). You all know we love to talk about who's who and what they are up to but our primary purpose is to work for the birds for the short period they are here so that needs to be our first consideration in some cases.  We hope that by working to ensure we have a webcam at the Radisson (and we keep working on McKenzie Seeds!) and my maintaining this forum and other platforms that we can keep sharing the lives of our falcons with their fans without making it more difficult for us to help them. And we thank everyone for continuing helping us do just that!

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2017, 09:26 »
Thanks dupre501 that is exactly what I was asking. =)