Author Topic: Logan - 2017 / Hart & Jolicoeur  (Read 29250 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Logan - 2017 / Hart & Jolicoeur
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2017, 16:13 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/921121888767827968

More on the blog = Oct 18 - Huge Loss

thank you to MK for all her help!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2017, 02:28 »
Found this on your Twitter page, TPC. Hope you don't mind me posting, but I’m just hoping that Dennis caught a band number (or two)! :)

https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/916642943024402432

Nope, don't mind at all, I'd forgotten to cross-post, so I appreciate you adding it here.  And again nope, no bands numbers I'm afraid.  We were watching them on the Logan cams and all we could get was colour and on which leg which I'm afraid didn't narrow the field down nearly enough to even make a good guess.

Thank you, and I'm sorry to hear you couldn’t get any band info, but hopefully there will be another chance.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2017, 09:42 »
Found this on your Twitter page, TPC. Hope you don't mind me posting, but I’m just hoping that Dennis caught a band number (or two)! :)

Nope, don't mind at all, I'd forgotten to cross-post, so I appreciate you adding it here.  And again nope, no bands numbers I'm afraid.  We were watching them on the Logan cams and all we could get was colour and on which leg which I'm afraid didn't narrow the field down nearly enough to even make a good guess.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2017, 16:38 »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2017, 16:15 »
One bird at Logan this afternoon - going to have to comb through recordings here second by second to get even a little look at that darn band!!  ;D

Sounds like you’ve got a very difficult job ahead of you - good luck though! ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2017, 17:05 »
One bird at Logan this afternoon - going to have to comb through recordings here second by second to get even a little look at that darn band!!  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2017, 09:45 »
did JOli migrate already. A bit soon, irhgt. our females stay till first week in Oct.

Joli tends not to stay at the nestsite for very long after the end of the summer.  Doesn't mean she's not around, she just doesn't come back to the nestbox.  Princess is even worse, haven't seen her at the nestbox since the chicks left.  Have seen her other places but not at the box.  Faith on the other hand is usually velcroed to a nestbox at this time of the year - her nestbox at West Winnipeg has been moved into temporary storage because of roof repairs, so can't say she would normally hang out at Logan, but this year, she's hanging out at Logan.  She visited the Radisson nestbox a couple of times in the spring but I suspect Princess is still kicking around or she hasn't been gone as long as Joli and that's why she's not gone near the Hotel.

I find it very interesting to read your various posts about how and when our peregrines tend to socialize with their peregrine neighbours, TPC.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2017, 18:22 »
did JOli migrate already. A bit soon, irhgt. our females stay till first week in Oct.

Joli tends not to stay at the nestsite for very long after the end of the summer.  Doesn't mean she's not around, she just doesn't come back to the nestbox.  Princess is even worse, haven't seen her at the nestbox since the chicks left.  Have seen her other places but not at the box.  Faith on the other hand is usually velcroed to a nestbox at this time of the year - her nestbox at West Winnipeg has been moved into temporary storage because of roof repairs, so can't say she would normally hang out at Logan, but this year, she's hanging out at Logan.  She visited the Radisson nestbox a couple of times in the spring but I suspect Princess is still kicking around or she hasn't been gone as long as Joli and that's why she's not gone near the Hotel.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2017, 17:14 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2017, 17:55 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/911724229778911232

Faith and Joli have the same bi-coloured coloured band on the same leg, but their band numbers look very different so mostly it is easy to tell the two part if I can see the band and can't see their breast.  Joli's speckles come up high on her breast like Princess, Faith has a much whiter breast - more like the boys than Joli & Princess.  The other band difference between Faith and Joli is that Faith's silver band looks whiter than Joli's.

Having said all that, even though I think that the male in the box today was Hart (he's the only male in town with a black band on that leg) but the female did not look like Joli.  They, Hart and Faith I believe, were very comfortable together in Joli's nest tray but both of them have been flirting with each other for a couple of years now, so perhaps not so surprising.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2017, 23:07 »
Faith (with her feathers blowing in the wind) is so beautiful!

Dennis definitely agrees with you!  ;)