Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2017 / Ty & Faith  (Read 22678 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: West Winnipeg - 2017 / Ty & Faith
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 22:30 »
Haven't seen Hart out at West Winnipeg for a few days now and Faith is the only one working on the scrape, which given Hart's diligence at the Radisson, if he was coming by, I would expect to see him in Faith's nestbox and I haven't.  She seems pretty patient I must admit, much more patient than I think Joli is but that may be because Joli knows where Hart is spending his time and he is so very close ...

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 18:12 »
Went by the WW site this evening and found two peregrines there. Female on the east sign and male on the NW corner. Judging by the volume of white feathers found on the ground, at least one of them ate well.  ;D

A male and a female ... very interesting ... keeping me in suspense!

Could this mean that Ty arrived and perhaps his presence brought Faith back to West Wpg?

So far the only male we have seen is Hart but it could be Hart with both Faith and Joli which is what happened at this time last year.  One of the advantages of having cameras is that you can check lots of locations in a very short period in time and so far we only see one "pair" at a time so I think Hart is trying to be all things to all the ladies.  Gotta give him points for optimism.

Yes, I agree that Hart deserves points for optimism, for sure … though I doubt our lovable Hart will be able to look after all the ladies for too much longer.  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 12:12 »
This is a cross-board post that I will post on all three Wpg boards ...

We definitely have females at all three Winnipeg nestsites.  I was able to confirm that at the same time, Joli was at Logan, Faith was at West Winnipeg and a male (Hart confirmed) and "the female we suspect may be Princess" were at the Radisson. 

Hopefully with the south winds yesterday some additional males will turn up as it appears that Hart is trying to do "husbandly" duties himeself - have seen him bowing and displaying with Joli and Princess in the last day and I'm pretty sure Faith was yakking at him from her nestbox not an hour ago.  Not sure Princess wasn't giving him a lecture this morning but Joli was definitely willing to succumb to his worldly wiles and Faith I think is just so darn eager to get going on things that she's not being particularly discriminating ...  ;D

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 12:07 »
Phew! So relieved to see your photo, Dennis. Thanks for sharing! :) :)

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 11:55 »

Faith back on her territory in WW.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 14:13 »
Today was the first day that Faith has spent time at her own nestbox (see my longer post in the Radisson thread).  She had a yapped at someone that appears to have been flying by at one point but no male appeared.  Ty is a male who likes to sit near his mates, so had it been him, I would have expected him to park his butt on the nestbox almost as soon as he returned to town.  Since that isn't what happened, I'm going to suggest that it was Hart checking Faith out.  Remember, they were hot and heavy at West Winnipeg last year.  Will be interesting to see if he continues to visit since Joli is in town and has been in town longer than Faith unlike last year.  Its a windy day today so it appears that all the birds are tucking down out of the wind out of camera view.  But will keep checking the cameras and the recorders.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 18:01 »
Went by the WW site this evening and found two peregrines there. Female on the east sign and male on the NW corner. Judging by the volume of white feathers found on the ground, at least one of them ate well.  ;D

Could this mean that Ty arrived and perhaps his presence brought Faith back to West Wpg?

So far the only male we have seen is Hart but it could be Hart with both Faith and Joli which is what happened at this time last year.  One of the advantages of having cameras is that you can check lots of locations in a very short period in time and so far we only see one "pair" at a time so I think Hart is trying to be all things to all the ladies.  Gotta give him points for optimism.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 14:10 »

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 20:00 »
Most excellent.  :)

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 19:49 »

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 19:47 »
Yes. One birdie at the diner on southeast corner, sitting on the logo just prior to 6:00 p.m today.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 14:47 »
Any more sightings of birds at this site?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 23:29 »
Yes! Talons crossed! ;)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:52 »
Birdie on the SW corner of the diner this morning at 10:40 a.m. No idea who it was; could have been our fellow from downtown I suppose checking out all the best accommodations.

Could be Cooper - which would make sense if our first returnee is Hart - last year he was hot-n-heavy with Faith when he got back.  So far Dennis and I have only been able to spot a single bird at all our cams and the bird looks the same each time (nice white cheeks, white breast, pretty bird with a black over black band).  Dennis is out roaming around today while I am otherwise committed so who knows what he may uncover ...  ;D fingers crossed!

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
West Winnipeg - 2017 / Ty & Faith
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 11:27 »
Birdie on the SW corner of the diner this morning at 10:40 a.m. No idea who it was; could have been our fellow from downtown I suppose checking out all the best accommodations.