Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2017 / Chase & Radisson  (Read 6451 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2017 / Chase & Radisson
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 17:05 »
I am going got come back with some picutres but we still have chase and radisson around. She was at box yesterday.

We were out at Pembina and saw two of our U of A juveniles flying. Nice to see them do well. Steve said they all did.

It has been a rough year for our Radisson an d Chase, but hey have prevailed. 

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 12:50 »
Thanks for the update bev.  ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 11:19 »
here are  some photos of our chicks

Dr. Court, just received another medicine for the chicks and they are doing so well. When talking with him yesterday , he said the beginning was rough as the  chicks had to expel all bad out  of system. but as tummies started to heal, they ate well and the female even has a tummy.

He is just so good with them. So they will continue to be treated and then they will be hacked out at Pembina, but when they are ready. They wil not be ready same time as others, but Gord always has 2 hacks anyway.

Steve can hardly wait to receive these little guys as they will have their own hack box.

the first 2 pictures  were less than a week after he took them from  box

the next one is from JUlly6  look at their crops and color change.  I have asked for band numbers also

hoping to check on Radisson tomorrow on way to Weber.  Chase is at box several times a day.

this was on june 30, we have nto seen her at box since

here are a few of chase . He has been scraping

we have not seen radisson in area for a bit , but I do believe it was her I saw at Bridge last evening.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:21 by bev. »

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 12:57 »
So sad to see one of the parents looking into the nest wondering where the kids are.  I hope they can be treated and released successfully.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 12:32 »
I'm posting information about this site initially post by Newchick on another board

And here's the latest specs from AB site.

http://www.ab-conservation.com/wildlife-cameras/peregrine/u-of-a-peregrine-camera/

But sad news for the U of A nest.  :'(

Thanks, Tracey.  Sorry for making you do a bit of copy/paste and move around.

From TPC - No worries Newchick, all is good!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:01 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 10:54 »
:'( :'( :'(

Yes but, they are now with someone experienced with taking care of young birds of prey and they have a release site just ready and waiting for them where they have had good success in the past.  So yes it is a setback but the chicks may rally and survive to fledge, the nestbox can be cleaned out and made safe for next year's nest and Radisson and Chase get to spend the next few months taking it a bit easy and replenishing their resources so they will be top shape to head south and hopefully be back and raring to go next spring.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 06:00 »
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 23:28 »
I'm posting information about this site initially post by Newchick on another board

And here's the latest specs from AB site.

http://www.ab-conservation.com/wildlife-cameras/peregrine/u-of-a-peregrine-camera/

But sad news for the U of A nest.  :'(

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 16:00 »
Sorry to hear of the chicks and their illness.   :'(  I assume the nesting site will need a good clean out with bleach or something even stronger in the future to prevent spread to next year's generation.

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 12:35 »
Banding should take place on Friday June 29th at U of A

Radisson's Green Girl who has nested at Weber has 3 girls and 1 boy at banding yesterday.
And Bell Tower has 2 girls and the male maybe Radisson's chick from 3 years ago.
Bev will give more details when she has a moment .

Offline soaring west

• Chick
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 15:48 »
This is the week that we will go into hatch mode for Radisson. As per Bev it is later on this week.
We have a rainbow of eggs.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 21:51 »
so we have RAdisson and Chase back

and we have 4 eggs . hatch expected JUne2 -4th

they used the box this year but we were wondering as they spent a lot of time at spot form last year. It may have helped that a goose is in one of the boxes

best picture I could get showing all 4 clearly was when chase came in

radisson on her way out

radisson counting the eggs ( not really but a good line :egg19:

radisson chilling on eggs

chase (  little dosey doe )

do we think he is glad to leave :egg6:

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 14:45 »
jean texted us that a falcon was back at U of A  and we are pretty sure it is Radisson. we will be trying to scope her over next few days. It is early fo r her but I thought someone may turn up this weekend

here are Jeans photos and when we see the one of raven, cowering in corner after being chased, no doubt in mind it is RAdisson I have to put in jeans comments. I knwo she will not mind

first saw it on top of CS, and it very considerately did a graceful loop and landed on the camera, confirming that it was, indeed, a peregrine.  I went across to the parkade but, as you know, the weather is very grey and gloomy, and I'm horribly out of practice when it comes to tracking a flying peregrine.  The neighbourhood raven arrived and expressed its dismay and suddenly it was cowering in the corner of the parkade, about 10 m away from me, and the peregrine was doing spectacular low-level flying in front of my face.  Did I capture anything? - not a thing, but it was brilliant!!

radisson

unlucky magpie feet away form Jean

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 13:33 »

Thank you for your recent updates and videos, Bev.

I wish you and Soaring West another great year of peregrine watching in Alberta and I hope that Chase and Radisson will return again!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
U of Alberta - 2017 / Chase & Radisson
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 19:57 »
i will post a few late slideshows and videos of our kids form last year. It will get you in the mood
it certainly brought tears to my eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvvsESib8ns

one always manages to steal my heart and when I found my precious on a stump after her first flight my heart almost stopped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvvsESib8ns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W70OVInZ8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFDSeLhnfg