Author Topic: Twitter Updates on the Forum  (Read 1259 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Twitter Updates on the Forum
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:59 »
Okay folks, here's your opportunity to comment ....

Because I post here and on Twitter, is it of any interest to you all to see the tweets here?  I've put a couple of recent ones in the appropriate threads (Radisson, McKenzie Seeds, West Winnipeg and Logan) over the last day which is one way to do it, or we could put them all in their own thread or we can not post them here at all.

Let me know what you think! 

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Twitter Updates on the Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:06 »
I can't access Twitter from work.  I usually read the forum at work.  I have not used my Twitter account for a very long time either. 
I like reading the updates here at the forum.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 12:11 »
When the forum was in maintenance mode, I signed up for Twitter to get updates. Now that the forum is up and running, this is where I prefer updates. Thanks for asking, TPC.

Offline newchick

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 13:18 »
Doesn't matter to me.  I was glad to have Twitter for updates when the Forum was down.

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 17:57 »
I would like to see your Twitter comments/pictures on the Forum under the appropriate subjects, rather than all in one spot.

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 18:21 »
Doesn't matter to me either.  I have no idea how to do twitter, but I was able to get your updates on the twitter website.  Now I can do both, so as long as I can get updates somehow, I'm happy ;)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 20:10 »
I was able to view your Twitter updates on the web too TPC..it was a great way to keep in touch.  I like the posts, be nice to repeat them here but if it's too much work..I'm happy to check them out there...no worries  :)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 19:51 »
Doesn't matter to me either.

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 00:37 »
Me either.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 14:01 »
Someone asked why I just don't put type up all the information a second time on the Forum - the answer is that, at the moment, I'm trying to figure out if posting the tweets is more efficient in that I don't have to repeat myself with the basic information as well as photos/videos I've posted on Twitter.  At the moment I'm using the tweets as the starting point to make sure everyone has the same information - and then I can add the additional information I would normally post here on the forum.  At the end of the season, I'll probably review the practice but until then, I'm going to give it a try and see how it works.

So why tweet at all?  Because I can't embed individual forum boards on the webcam webpages and I need a way to be able to provide updates.  We've been using twitter for a few years now and it seems to work well for that purpose - it can't however replace the forum.

Offline sparkster

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 10:22 »
TPC: Your practice of including the tweets with photos and updates on the Forum works for me. I am happy to get current information in any format on the Forum. It is such an exciting time with chicks hatching and about to hatch, and your checking all of the sites *and* keeping us updated is a lot of work. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)  :)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 10:27 »
I agree, Sparkster, we're very fortunate to have TPC (and Dennis) to keep us up to speed on what's happening with the birds and their families!  I don't believe that TPC sleeps at all during nesting and fledging season :P

Offline des

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 09:26 »
Doesn't matter to me either.  I have no idea how to do twitter, but I was able to get your updates on the twitter website.  Now I can do both, so as long as I can get updates somehow, I'm happy ;)
Me, too!