Author Topic: 2018 Shaw FalconCam - viewing problem?  (Read 2184 times)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: 2018 Shaw FalconCam - viewing problem?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 13:18 »
When I first go into the cam, the timer says 0:00/4:00 - if I drag the little red dot/line towards the right, to the end, then it shows 4:00:00/4:00:00 - but I don't think that's live either - as it's raining in that shot.  :-\

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2018, 17:43 »
When I first go into the cam, the timer says 0:00/4:00 - if I drag the little red dot/line towards the right, to the end, then it shows 4:00:00/4:00:00 - but I don't think that's live either - as it's raining in that shot.  :-\

The times you see are the start and end times of the four hour recorded video that now keeps repeating itself (looping). We're currently not connected to live streaming.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 10:19 »
haha - Ya I thought it was weird that Pip hadn't moved in hours - it fooled me cause the cars were still moving.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 10:27 »
Not sure if the cam is working, but someone (Princess) preening. The timer reads 12:40/4:00:00 ???

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 12:32 »
Not sure if the cam is working, but someone (Princess) preening. The timer reads 12:40/4:00:00 ???

No it isn't live streaming ... as Bally noted earlier, YouTube Live is stuck on a 4 minute loop from a couple of days ago and we are currently working to fix the loop and get it back to live streaming.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 14:37 »

No it isn't live streaming ... as Bally noted earlier, YouTube Live is stuck on a 4 minute loop from a couple of days ago and we are currently working to fix the loop and get it back to live streaming.

Thanks TPC. Further viewing, I realized it was wishful thinking.

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2018, 06:33 »
I decided to take a peak at the cam just now, only to get the message that it is not available.  Hopefully this just means they are working to get it live again.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2018, 01:47 »
I decided to take a peak at the cam just now, only to get the message that it is not available.  Hopefully this just means they are working to get it live again.

Thanks for posting this Jazzer - I was in the field all day and hadnít checked it.  I will see what I can find out but maybe wonít know until Monday.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2018, 13:51 »
June 16

Update - Shaw connection to the Hotel is down ... not sure what's happened, could be related to the storm ... Eye-Spy is on the case ... fingers crossed everyone!

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2018, 15:36 »
The times you see are the start and end times of the four hour recorded video that now keeps repeating itself (looping). We're currently not connected to live streaming.
This problem should normally be an easy fix, but weíve now been without a live cam for over a week! Last time (when the problem also occurred on a Friday) the cam was live again on the Tuesday morning after the May long weekend. Too bad itís taking so long but these things happen. :(

Thanks for the update, TPC! My fingers are crossed for Eye-Spy! :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2018, 17:15 »
This problem should normally be an easy fix, but weíve now been without a live cam for over a week! Last time (when the problem also occurred on a Friday) the cam was live again on the Tuesday morning after the May long weekend. Too bad itís taking so long but these things happen. :(

Thanks for the update, TPC! My fingers are crossed for Eye-Spy! :)

Happy to provide updates, would be even happier to provide HAPPY updates!
It really was a question of perfect timing - streaming failed just as new folks were taking over - remember, we lost all the folks at Shaw who had been working with us on the FalconCam.  So just bad timing - folks who would have fixed it quickly aren't there anymore and the folks who are there, have to figure out how it works!!  Now we have an additional problem - our connection to the internet is down at the Radisson - could be that the streaming loop has been resolved but if we can't get the stream out, nobody is seeing anything!  (yup, we are as blind as everyone else right now!!)  Add onto that, its a weekend ... hate to say "perfect storm" but you get my meaning.  FalconCam = a joy of technology. Technology = not always a joy for the FalconCam.

We'll get it sorted, too many folks working on this now for us not to, just can't say when ... hopefully not too much longer.  Fortunately, y'all aren't missing a hatch or cute chickness right now.  And Princess and Pip aren't going anywhere, they will still be here when the cam comes back online.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2018, 07:17 »
Thanks for the update! Eye Spy to the rescue...ÖÖ...again!  ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 20:31 »
Yay! Nice to see a live view again. :)  But now we canít view the recorded video (in case you havenít noticed). ;D

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 20:37 »
Yay! Nice to see a live view again. :)  But now we canít view the recorded video (in case you havenít noticed). ;D

I noticed that too, burdi. Also, when I click on 720 to go to HD, the resolution never changes. I don't think it ever goes above 360.