Author Topic: Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2018 / Jasper & Andamooka  (Read 2510 times)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
I’m so happy to hear they’re doing well!

Hopefully all four chicks will fledge successfully.

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
So happy to hear the great news!

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
That is excellent news! I am very happy for Andamooka and Jasper!

Offline msdolittle

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Great news!  I haven't wandered downtown yet to see them this year.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
that is exciting news.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
The Peregrine Falcons are back! This year the Saskatchewan Cooperative Falcon Project installed a camera beside the nesting box. The female, Andamooka, laid 3 eggs on May 5. The incubation period is 30 days.

It's great to see that Jasper & Andamooka are back again! Thank you for sharing this good news, Allikat.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Excitement is a great thing and Regina used to have a camera back in the 1990s I think so maybe this year’s trailcam might be the first step on the road to getting a public cam again - even if it is just a CCTV to the lobby (think they had that too way back when).  New camera tech and providers like YouTube Live have made a huge difference for small projects like both Sask’s and ours who likewise have small budgets to work with.  One advantage is that nesting on City Hall means that there may be a potential for a great partnership.

My fingers are crossed - and when I’m chatting with the Project next I’ll offer to be a resource if they want to look at getting a public cam in the future. And you are right Allikat it would be nice to watch Andamooka and Jasper in action.

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
The Peregrine Falcons are back! This year the Saskatchewan Cooperative Falcon Project installed a camera beside the nesting box. The female, Andamooka, laid 3 eggs on May 5. The incubation period is 30 days.

Before anyone gets their hopes up, it is a trail cam, not a webcam and it only catches part of Andamooka & Jasper as they are incubating - enough so the folks monitoring the nest have some idea of what they are looking at though!  :)

Andamooka when she not long after she began incubating on May 13th
courtesy of the SCFP
Yep, I actually edited the post on Twitter to read as camera, not trail camera.
My excitement lies with the fact that they are incubating.
Go Andamooka and Jasper!!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 21:23 by allikat »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

Before anyone gets their hopes up, it is a trail cam, not a webcam and it only catches part of Andamooka & Jasper as they are incubating - enough so the folks monitoring the nest have some idea of what they are looking at though!  :)

Andamooka when she not long after she began incubating on May 13th
courtesy of the SCFP

Offline BirdLover

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Great new!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Saskatchewan / Regina - City Hall - 2018 / Jasper & Andamooka
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 16:48 »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 18:11 by allikat »