Author Topic: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess  (Read 62277 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
Re: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 16:22 »
Our first bird back looks very very comfortable on the edge of the box - even EyeSpy thought so yesterday!!!

EyeSpy has been upgrading our computers this year (its amazing to thing how long the old units had been working year round) and we have two cameras up and running, a couple more to replace and get up and running at the Radisson in the next little bit.  Should make for a very nice viewing experience for folks this year from what I've seen so far.

Already running through this morning's video to see if our visitor shows me his band ... don't think we'll be that lucky but still ....  ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 16:12 »
Great news TPC, can't wait to see who it is.  :)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 12:11 »
If the Falcon Forum calendar says 21 days, but there is a merlin back already, does that mean we might be running ahead of schedule for this year? 

Or do merlins always get a head start on the peregrines?

The merlins are usually visible first - not necessarily because they are the first migrants home but because quite a number of merlins overwinter.  Interestingly American Kestrels are often seen first at HawkWatch sites but they are just not that visible once they get up here.

Our peregrines typically start turning up in the second half of March.  The Brandon birds often arrive in the first/second week of April but we suspect that they meet up on their way home because they are very quick to nest once they do get home.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 16:20 »
If the Falcon Forum calendar says 21 days, but there is a merlin back already, does that mean we might be running ahead of schedule for this year? 

Or do merlins always get a head start on the peregrines?

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 13:43 »
I was watching the morning news after 7:00 am - looked like a birdie was caught on the camera.
Just didn't pay enough attention to which channel I was watching - CTV or Global. 
Global I think because the photo had the downtown in the background.

For those who didn't see the photo on CTV ... it's a Merlin which means the peregrines will be home soon!!  ;D

Happy dance!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 09:53 »
I was watching the morning news after 7:00 am - looked like a birdie was caught on the camera.
Just didn't pay enough attention to which channel I was watching - CTV or Global. 

For those who didn't see the photo on CTV ... it's a Merlin which means the peregrines will be home soon!!  ;D

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 13:31 »

Both have downtown studios and have live programs weekdays from 6 to 9:00 A.M. I still remember the year one of them showed a live cam that had a falcon come in for a visit. I'm thinking CTV.  :)

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 13:25 »
https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/gsb-falcons/

Let the season begin. The 1st arrival is on the cam as I watch. ;D  He/she just became verbal and is calling out to someone. Happy dance!

Offline birdnut

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 12:47 »

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 04:00 »
 :) I anxiously await the (imminent?) return of our residents. As well, I have already bookmarked other sites.

http://chesapeakeconservancy.org/explore/wildlife-webcams/peregrine-falcon/  Current view shows Barb, who looks as though she is sitting on an egg. I'm puzzeled by this as it is currently 5:00 A.M. EST., dawn and there IS sound.  ???

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline kekes

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 19:27 »
I anxiously await their arrival! They cheer me every spring after a long manitoba winter.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 16:27 »
I miss our peregrine falcons but look forward to finding out who will return to Manitoba in the spring; the countdown timer is very helpful. Thank you, TPC.

I'm hoping that 2018 brings many smiles to all of us! :)  Happy New Year!