Author Topic: Radisson - 2019 / Pip & Fiona  (Read 37483 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2019 / Pip & ?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 21:59 »
Every year just brings more excitement and anticipation!! ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 18:07 »
I haven't added Fiona's & Hart's names to this thread as I'm not sure that they will actually nest here ... she is on the young side and though Hart comes and plays at the Radisson every spring, he never stays/manages to hold it.  Pip is a strong male and young enough that we can't assume he will come back to the Radisson and Spencer may be older but again, no reason to think she won't be back to Logan.  One or both of those returns would shake up both territories very quickly.  We have quite a number of birds we expect to return yet, so for the moment, I'm just going to wait and see ...

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 12:53 »
Of course we don't yet know if she will stay around, but here are a couple of photos of Fiona and her sister Stella as chicks:

I have one very dark photo of Fiona as a juvie, but when I lightened and enhanced it, I found that it also has a very dark copyright on it, so I can't use it.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 12:49 »

You are welcome to use the photo Alison - we have a photo credit right on the image.  If you need to crop, just attribute the image to PFRP or Manitoba Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project.  If you need me to send you the image, let me know - this image is 448 x 336 but likely have a larger one I can send if you need. 

Actually, let me have a look at some images I captured yesterday, I might have a better/clearer image for you ...

Thank you, TPC! Anything you might wish to share would be great.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 11:49 »

Not higher resolution, she was just closer to the camera and the band was spun around perfectly for me to grab a clear image of the number.  (You know me and confirming band numbers by now  ;))  Downside of "closer to the camera" is that one can't see her, just her feet and belly - not the first photo you want to post of the new girl in town!  And yes, she does still have her USFWS band.  When I spoke with her bander I mentioned she still had two bands and he confirmed they hadn't updated her record yet - a second sighting of her in 2018 showed her silver band then too.

Thanks, TPC! So this is definitely Fiona! She has travelled far. May I please borrow your photo so that the people where she came from can see her? If that is okay, what credit do you prefer for the photo?

You are welcome to use the photo Alison - we have a photo credit right on the image.  If you need to crop, just attribute the image to PFRP or Manitoba Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project.  If you need me to send you the image, let me know - this image is 448 x 336 but likely have a larger one I can send if you need. 

Actually, let me have a look at some images I captured yesterday, I might have a better/clearer image for you ...

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 11:38 »

Not higher resolution, she was just closer to the camera and the band was spun around perfectly for me to grab a clear image of the number.  (You know me and confirming band numbers by now  ;))  Downside of "closer to the camera" is that one can't see her, just her feet and belly - not the first photo you want to post of the new girl in town!  And yes, she does still have her USFWS band.  When I spoke with her bander I mentioned she still had two bands and he confirmed they hadn't updated her record yet - a second sighting of her in 2018 showed her silver band then too.

Thanks, TPC! So this is definitely Fiona! She has travelled far. May I please borrow your photo so that the people where she came from can see her? If that is okay, what credit do you prefer for the photo?

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 09:23 »
Interesting . . . you must have higher resolution images of Fiona, to be able to read her band. I can't read it in the photo you posted.

This bird appears to have a silver band on the right leg. From last year:

Fiona, C/84, was photographed on 11/4/17 about eight miles east of Cameron, Louisiana. She was photographed again on 1/20/18 about twenty miles northeast of Cameron, Louisiana. On 1/20/18 she was no longer wearing her USFWS silver band.

Waiting hopefully for Princsss to return.

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 17:15 »
Yes, would love to see Princess again, it would be the end of an Era if she didn't return.  :'(

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 14:09 »
https://twitter.com/mbperegrines/status/1109598789847973889

Interesting . . . you must have higher resolution images of Fiona, to be able to read her band. I can't read it in the photo you posted.

This bird appears to have a silver band on the right leg. From last year:

Fiona, C/84, was photographed on 11/4/17 about eight miles east of Cameron, Louisiana. She was photographed again on 1/20/18 about twenty miles northeast of Cameron, Louisiana. On 1/20/18 she was no longer wearing her USFWS silver band.

Waiting hopefully for Princsss to return.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2019, 23:07 »
Hooray!  Another season has started!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 13:49 »
YaY!!! - Saw somebirdie sitting on the west nest this morning, looking out over the kingdom!  8) - It was so nice to see that - every time I get off the bus at MTS I look up there (Even in Feb when it was -30.... just habit  :P) - As Dennis said 'And so it begins'  ;D

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 17:47 »
well yours are always before ours. hope you have a great season