Author Topic: Bell Tower - 2020 / B32 & Squeak  (Read 1991 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Bell Tower - 2020 / B32 & Squeak
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 23:56 »
I think I
 about our hack site. But Dr. Court , hacks them along the Pembina. It is really quite the thing. We have someone that stays there r 24 hours a day and when hack boxes are open, they put out quail twice a day.  We happen to have a pair of peregrines that nest there and accept all our youngsters as their own, so they get good skills. We have only lost a few over the years.  It is so cool as they can fly at will. If they miss a landing, they just go up a tree or take off again form the cliff. I will try and see If I can send a link to the site here

https://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=376&t=2302

they al do so well

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 15:59 »
We have 4 youngsters here . 3 are 18 days and 1 is 16 days old. So far they are doin well Will be back with photos. I am on my iPad and have to wait till I get to computer. Hopefully Dr. Court will be going up and banding and leaving only males here. Such a bad sight that females cannot fledge here. Even dicey for males but being lighter, they have a better chance.

Thanks for the details, Bev. 
Where are the females taken for safer fledging?

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 13:43 »
Thx for the report & great pictures, Bev.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 11:41 »
pictures

squeak getting prey

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 08:17 »
We have 4 youngsters here . 3 are 18 days and 1 is 16 days old. So far they are doin well Will be back with photos. I am on my iPad and have to wait till I get to computer. Hopefully Dr. Court will be going up and banding and leaving only males here. Such a bad sight that females cannot fledge here. Even dicey for males but being lighter, they have a better chance.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Bell Tower - 2020 / B32 & Squeak
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 17:45 »
We cannot see bands but we feel we have same pair. When cams came on line, they had 2 eggs and are now sitting on4 I will go into my notes and give days they were laid. So far so good. Pictures to come