Author Topic: 2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign  (Read 31536 times)

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: 2010 Kinderchicklet Fundraising Campaign
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2010, 10:23 »
I like option 3 also.  Save the money and make a double donation next year.  :)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2010, 23:18 »
Option 3 sounds like my choice then, if The Project budget is healthy at present.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2010, 22:33 »
Option 3 - Save up the money for next year and send a double donation ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2010, 22:29 »
We are still in a holding pattern over our charitable status at the moment I'm afraid.  The Canadian Revenue Agency (still want to call them Revenue Canada) is taking a very long time to review our project records ... actually, my last communication with them was to tell me it would take six (yes 6) months until it was assigned an agent then it will take however long for them to get our status reinstated.  They have had all the paperwork and our reinstatement fee for months but it looks like its just going to take more (and more and more) time until we are able to issue tax receipts for donations again.

So, if you want a tax receipt (and why wouldn't you!!) you have two options:
Option 1: donate to another worthy charity this year and then donate to us again next year when (hopefully) all is sorted with CRA
Option 2: buy yourself an extra present, tell us all about it and then donate to us next year when ....

If you still want to donate and you are will to forgo a tax receipt, you are welcome to do so ... though be prepared, I will be contacting you to make sure you are okay with not getting a tax receipt for your donation.

We are at the moment in good shape heading into 2011, all our basic budgetted expenses are covered.  Hopefully the birds will all nest where they did this year and our finances won't take a hit.  But having said that, as long as the birds come back and nest somewhere, I'm a happy camper!

If you have more questions, feel free to post them here, I'll try to answer them all.
TPC

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2010, 21:46 »
Same wondering as the others...

Offline Pam

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2010, 21:29 »
Hey Gang,
  Just about finished the online donation page for the Kinderchicklet Campaign for those of you who have been waiting - will see about finishing it off this evening and will post the link here. 
And yes, the campaign continues right until the end of the year so please feel free to wait until our review by Revenue Canada is complete before donating as I can't provide tax receipts until they give me the all-clear.
TPC
Haven't been able to find the link, or any further info about this. Where would I look?

Me too, have been waiting for the link before donating  - should we just go ahead?

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2010, 12:48 »
Looking forward to hearing about the "grand total" for the 2010 campaign, TPC. :) The 2011 Kinderchicklets are already "reved up" about peregrine falcons since we having been following little "Solo" in Orange, NSW, Australia. 8) But we are saving our coins for the return of our Winnipeg peregrines in the Spring, of course! ;) I haven't noticed that either the 2010 Kinderchicklet donation cheque or my donation cheque has been deposited into the Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project account, as of yet. Are you waiting till everything gets straightened out with Revenue Canada? :-\ Please feel free to deposit the cheques at any time, TPC. The donations still hold, whether or not a tax receipt is forthcoming. :)

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2010, 11:09 »
Hey Gang,
  Just about finished the online donation page for the Kinderchicklet Campaign for those of you who have been waiting - will see about finishing it off this evening and will post the link here. 
And yes, the campaign continues right until the end of the year so please feel free to wait until our review by Revenue Canada is complete before donating as I can't provide tax receipts until they give me the all-clear.
TPC
Haven't been able to find the link, or any further info about this. Where would I look?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2010, 13:38 »
Hey Gang,

I'm back from my road trip for work (two weeks and I don't want to tell you how many kms!).  Just about finished the online donation page for the Kinderchicklet Campaign for those of you who have been waiting - will see about finishing it off this evening and will post the link here.  Have added in some history of the campaign since it seems like this might happen again ( ;) thanks Kinderchick ) especially since there is a lovely new donation box (will post the photo).  Will also post information on what the money will be used for this year  ;D

Thanks for your patience everyone ...
TPC

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2010, 00:36 »
She is a REALLY nice people !!  ;D
Though the jury might still be out on her hubby...... :o
LOL, Eye-Spy! No need to keep the jury out! After our trip to see the Brandon chicks and then the University of Calgary chicks, he is definitely hooked on Peregrine falcons! ;D 8)

I'll sure go this route as well.  I love the idea of connecting a donation with the Kinderchicklets' efforts! ;D ;D
And "thank you",susha, for joining the Kinderchicklet fundraising campaign! ;D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2010, 19:52 »
TPC, will there be a "campaign" for the 2010 Kinderchicklets fundraising added to the project website? It doesn't matter to me but, in case you want to keep track of how much is raised this way, I thought it would be better to check first before donating through one of the other options!  ???

Yes there will be Saoirse - tomorrow in fact!!  Thanks for reminding me to post a link to the page here when its up and running!

Is it tomorrow yet? Huh? Huh?
Poke, poke...
I know you're busy TPC and I'm really not meaning to be a pain, but I thought I'd "red" this thread up for the heck of it, in case anyone other than me was wondering about what to do about donations while we're still all warm and fuzzy about this year's new additions to the falcon families.

BTW I just want to add that I really enjoyed reading all the Kinderchicklets' questions and about their fund raising.  Kinderchick, you are a credit to your profession!   :)  (and probably a pretty nice person too!)   :D

I'll sure go this route as well.  I love the idea of connecting a donation with the Kinderchicklets' efforts! ;D ;D

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2010, 19:48 »

She sure is, I agree!  And I'm sure her hubby is too!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2010, 10:21 »

I met Kinderchick's hubby.  He is very nice and when they passed through Brandon on their trip, he seemed genuinely interested in our feathered friends.  :) 

Offline Eye-spy

• Project
  • Chick
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2010, 09:59 »

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 09:25 »
TPC, will there be a "campaign" for the 2010 Kinderchicklets fundraising added to the project website? It doesn't matter to me but, in case you want to keep track of how much is raised this way, I thought it would be better to check first before donating through one of the other options!  ???

Yes there will be Saoirse - tomorrow in fact!!  Thanks for reminding me to post a link to the page here when its up and running!

Is it tomorrow yet? Huh? Huh?
Poke, poke...
I know you're busy TPC and I'm really not meaning to be a pain, but I thought I'd "red" this thread up for the heck of it, in case anyone other than me was wondering about what to do about donations while we're still all warm and fuzzy about this year's new additions to the falcon families.

BTW I just want to add that I really enjoyed reading all the Kinderchicklets' questions and about their fund raising.  Kinderchick, you are a credit to your profession!   :)  (and probably a pretty nice person too!)   :D