Author Topic: Out-n-About in Manitoba - 2021  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
Re: Out-n-About in Manitoba - 2021
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2021, 23:00 »
How elated & emotional to hear of Princess’ return. We were saddened and disappointed when she didn’t return and we never heard of her again. Now we have some closure(I guess you could say) and a happy ending. Thanks for your story of Princess’ return & release. She truly is a matriarch!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 23:05 by Shocka88 »

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2021, 22:02 »
Oh my goodness! 
How emotional was that release?!  I couldn’t even imagine.
I will quote The Peregrine Chick and write, “no news is good news” when it comes to peregrines.
In this case, this news is fantastic news!
Our Princess is alive and in great condition, and here?!
That lady is an ambassador for Peregrines!
You go Princess!  Talon pump!!!  ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 13:52 »
Through tears of joy I read your blog about the return of our beloved Princess.

I'm so happy for you, TPC, that you had this intimate experience with Princess.

Thank you for expressing your feelings so poignantly, and for reminding us why Princess is such a rockstar matriarch of the Project.

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2021, 19:25 »
This was thrilling and emotional to read.   I’m kind of stunned.   Wish we could know where she has been.   
Which of course brings Trey to mind.   I thought I saw something posted related to him this spring but when I had time I couldn’t find the post.   Is there anything known about him?

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2021, 14:30 »
Seeing Princess still coming back from migration, which is amazing by the way, makes me wonder if Hurricane is still out there somewhere!  :-*

Just wishful thinking!   :)

Or maybe not ... 😁🤞🏻

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2021, 13:48 »
Thank you!

Seeing Princess still coming back from migration, which is amazing by the way, makes me wonder if Hurricane is still out there somewhere!  :-*

Just wishful thinking!   :)

Related  but a little off-topic ...

RCF reminded me of the long overdue need to set up family trees for our most successful and iconic birds - like Princess of course, but others as well.  Hurricane & Phoebe in Brandon were rockstars in their own right - their legacy can be seen across Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Jules and Jolicoeur here in Winnipeg too - the first made it tough for herself by choosing horrible nestsites but still succeeded.  The latter made a "what are you doing?" nestsite into a solid foundation for her dynasty.  And the boys - can't forget the boys ...

So thank you to RCF for reminding me of the need for these - they will take sometime, but I think they might make a nice (if somewhat belated) Christmas gift for all of you who have followed their lives and stories all these years.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 09:43 »
Related  but a little off-topic ...

RCF reminded me of the long overdue need to set up family trees for our most successful and iconic birds - like Princess of course, but others as well.  Hurricane & Phoebe in Brandon were rockstars in their own right - their legacy can be seen across Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Jules and Jolicoeur here in Winnipeg too - the first made it tough for herself by choosing horrible nestsites but still succeeded.  The latter made a "what are you doing?" nestsite into a solid foundation for her dynasty.  And the boys - can't forget the boys ...

So thank you to RCF for reminding me of the need for these - they will take sometime, but I think they might make a nice (if somewhat belated) Christmas gift for all of you who have followed their lives and stories all these years.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 09:22 »
TPC, just read your blog and could not believe it - thrilled and overwhelmed with emotion- Our fabulous Princess alive and well - Thanks to all those who saved her.  :-*  - There may be others who have taken over her domain, but she will always be the Queen of the Radisson.   8) http://www.species-at-risk.mb.ca/pefa/blog/  ;D

This is a copy of Ballywing's post from the 2021 Radisson Board  ~ TPC

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2021, 07:37 »
Princess…a Special Bird with her Own Gallery.
Only seemed fitting…must say the release was a bit emotional & joyful to see her fly off.
Her Gallery Link can be found here… https://pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2021

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2021, 19:10 »
That's amazing that Princess came back to us for a visit.  She truly is a remarkable falcon.  So happy especially for you Tracy.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2021, 19:05 »
TPC, thank you for your excellent report. I'm finding the unexpected news and photos of Princess quite emotional.

Know just what you mean Burdi 🥲

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2021, 17:52 »
TPC, thank you for your excellent report. I'm finding the unexpected news and photos of Princess quite emotional. 

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2021, 17:16 »
Thank you to everyone involved in the rescue and subsequent care and release of Princess.

Princess, you are so very precious; please stay safe. :-*

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2021, 15:43 »
Oh Princess  :-* :-* :-*    So relieved to hear she's alive and well!  And love your post about her, so right that you and Dennis would be the ones to release her.  May she fly high and stay safe!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 15:49 by carly »

Offline Jazzerkins

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2021, 10:47 »
I am so very happy to hear that Princess is back, even if it is just to visit.  Great news that she is in such good shape, given her age.  What a wonderful experience for you TPC.  I am sure you will treasure the memory.