Author Topic: Radisson - 2022 / Pip & Ella  (Read 24135 times)

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

• Administrator
  • Old Bird

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
Re: Radisson - 2022 / Pip & Ella
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 16:37 »
Thanks folks, very kind of you.  Dennis and I so very much enjoyed releasing her go this summer. We always enjoy releases but we must have stopped a half dozen times (maybe more) as we wove our way back out of OHM in case we could catch sight of her up overhead or skimming over the marsh or perched on one of the few high spots.  We didn't, but we did keep trying to get one more glimpse. And when we hit the highway, we stopped one more time and the binoculars came out, just in case ...

Lots of other peregrines to watch of course, and we all have our favourites.  She was definitely one of our favourites.

Offline MayShowers

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 12:20 »
I am very saddened by the news.  Princess was truly a remarkable girl, and she had a remarkable life.  If she only knew how famous she was.  This was her home and she came home to be with family and as sad as her passing was I’m glad she wasn’t alone in the end and we have peace of mind knowing that.  Soar high Princess, thanks for the memories!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 11:54 »
So sad to hear of what has happened to our beloved Princess.  :'( - As always, a beautifully written tribute TPC, thank you.
So sorry you had to go through that, but I for one am glad we know how it all ended for her, and that you were able to be there for her -  she was well cared for. - End of an Era.  :-*

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 04:49 »
Such a heart wrenching ending to her storied reign as our Radisson Royal.  :(  :'( She truly was a force to be reckoned with and will never be forgotten. Thank you TPC for all you did for her, for us here in the forum and for this beautiful tribute and her history, complete with photos. :-*   

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 18:31 »
I am heartbroken at this news. I have such a deep connection due to our Radisson. I had wondered often, if she managed to get to migration. She may just have not had the power. As Carly said: she was Queen of Winnipeg, not just the Radisson.

If you all had followed Radisson, since 2008 , like I have, you would see how alike these 2 were.

I am deeply sorry you had to make that decision. You always have their best interests at heart. Thankyou for the heartwarming post

Soar high Princess. You are one of a kind

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 15:30 »
It is sad news but we know the ending to her story and what a story it has been.  Thank you Tracy for the beautiful blog post you've posted in her memory.  She may be named Princess but to me she will always be Queen of the Radisson.

Thank you for arranging all the great care she had and for making the humane decision to send her on that final flight over the rainbow bridge.

RIP Princess and thank you for all the memories  :-*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 15:33 by carly »

Offline birdbrain

• Falcon Fan
  • Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 10:41 »
Very sad.  She was an amazing and inspiring bird.  Thankfully her legacy will live on in her offspring.

• Administrator
  • Old Bird