Author Topic: Pandas - Georgia / Atlanta Zoo  (Read 46329 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Pandas - Georgia / Atlanta Zoo (2008)
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2008, 18:07 »
I know, poor little bear - he tries so hard  :-*  I can't wait until he starts scooting !

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 13:04 »
Little BBB seems to have his front legs under control, but those back ones just don't want to cooperate! either that or he is so rotund that his little legs don't reach the floor. He's just spent at least 10 minutes going in a circle before stopping for a nap. Hard work being a baby. ;D

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 10:27 »
Thanks for the link to the Panda Blog.  The screen caps are great. 
The San Diego Zoo has a very informative blog and the monitors have been great about letting people talk about the pandas at other locations

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 20:13 »
There is a great website that has a forum for the panda family.  It is 475 pages long now..it starts on page 1 with the birth of Mei Lan and her development and now of course with little BBB (baby butter ball).  They post screen shots and short videos of the panda's throughout the day so if you don't get a chance to see them ..you can catch up.  It took me a few weeks to go through the entire log but it's well worth it if you love the pandas and now I'm addicted..hehe.

It's the Hancock Wildlife website and it's where I went to catch up on the BC eagles and just happened to stumble upon the panda link.  Here it is if anyone is interested..there is a video of BBB doing the circles earlier today..too adorable!!! 

http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=267&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=11850

I've linked it to the last page..the most current but if you want to see Mei Lan's life, you can start on page 1..it's quite informative!

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 16:39 »
Just saw Lun Lun wander in, pick up the cub, drag him over to where she wanted to sit, then sat down, gently holding him upside down. 

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 17:44 »
Mr. Cuteness sure is starting to get wound up at times. He's gone around in a circle in less than a minute.  lol

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 15:15 »
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! The little guy is certainly getting bigger, you can notice it in how mum handles him when she sleeps, he sleeps on the floor or her arm now it seems.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 10:56 »
When my grandson was here I showed him the video of the birth . Was he ever memorized. Besides the raptors, these are my next favorite. I watched Mei lin being born and followed all of her 2 years as to date.  Lun Lun is a terrific mother.
what a joy they are to watch.

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 14:06 »
Awww, Panda chewing on a box!  why is that cute?  I don't know.  but it is.   ;D

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 19:34 »
Just went on line and Mom had left the baby exposed for about 10 minutes. It already looks like a fat little mini-panda complete with fur and markings. The change is amazing, much like when the Peregrine chicks suddenly blow great huge feathers through their downy fluff! This website has been great to watch and has almost cured my Peregrine withdrawal.

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
Re: Pandas - San Diego & Washington (2008)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 12:41 »
It is quite something to watch these little fellows grow into big fellows. I started watching when Mei lan was like a month or so old.  Another couple of webcams of pandas are:

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/ex_panda_station.html

http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/default.cfm?cam=LP2

Hope you enjoy the panda bears, the first webcam is from San Diego the second webcam is from Washington, D.C.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 19:30 »
Very amazing isn't it.  I've seen this little guy go from pink to bright white and black.  Lun Lun is a wonderful mum!

Yes she is!  I went back and looked through the history of Mei Lan too and I can't wait til this little guy starts getting a bit bigger so we can see more of him.  They are wonderful!!  when I was little my first teddy was a panda  ;D ;D

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 19:24 »
Very amazing isn't it.  I've seen this little guy go from pink to bright white and black.  Lun Lun is a wonderful mum!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 18:43 »
Lun Lun is nursing the cub now!!  This is the second time today I've managed to catch it!  I have to say it's beautiful to see how a bear so large in size can be so gentle with it's teeny tiny baby...quite amazing!

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 10:58 »
The panda cub is doing great, it's in the hay at the moment.  It's black and white coloring has now over taken it's pink colour.  Looks some cute. Mom is back and holding him so you can't see the little guy oh well it was nice while it lasted lol
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:00 by eagle63_1999 »